This object is in archive! 

Unable to start the game

Anarelion shared this bug 18 months ago
Solved

The error in event viewer is:

Faulting application name: SpaceEngineers.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x811456c1

Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.8.9139.0, time stamp: 0x639963b4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000016c67f

Faulting process ID: 0x0x2AF8

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D971483541DDFA

Faulting application path: E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\SpaceEngineers\Bin64\SpaceEngineers.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\clr.dll

Report ID: bef3f1c2-e98c-460b-a829-a751abfcee52

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

The .NET framework link that appears in the https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/troubleshooting/game-will-not-start-issues/ is not meant to be used in Windows 11.

I have deleted all the data folders and reinstalled the game.

No logs show up in any folder.

Replies (8)

photo

Hello, Anarelion,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Is this the first time this happened, or was the game never working properly? Can you please try the following to at least generate a log:

Install the game again and verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it

Restart Steam

Reinstall VC Redist 2017

Update graphic drivers

Reinstall the game

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

A log file should be generated when you try to launch the game, please send it to me so that I can identify the issue.

-You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you in advance

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

> Install the game again and verify your game files in Steam

Done

> %appdata%\Roaming\SpaceEngineers

Folder is empty, I deleted everything.

> Reinstall VC Redist 2017

Done by using https://learn.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

> Update graphic drivers

Done

> Reinstall the game

Done

> Make sure your operating system is fully updated

Done

Same error, no log file. Folder in Roaming is still empty.

photo

Forgot to mention, the game used to work time ago, but it has been failing for the last few months and now I bothered to start using is again so I am doing this.

photo

Hello, Anarelion,

have you reinstalled VC Redist 2017 completely, not only updated? I need you to at least generate the logs, because I cannot help you without them. Please try all of the things I wrote above again.

You said the game worked in the past right? Can you identify what changed since that?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello again,

can you please also install this: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

Please, install it exactly as they say and use their links and then restart your computer.

Please let me know, if you are still experiencing issues.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

photo

Sorry for late response, I fixed this by installing the game into another drive, for some reason, windows caches something about the assemblies tied to a specific path, uninstalling the game doesn't delete that cached information.

photo

Hello, Engineer,

thank you for coming back to us with this information.

I will make sure to remember your solution in order to possibly help other players with the same issue in the future.

I will also change the status to solved as this issue is indeed solved.

Thank you again for the update. Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!