This object is in archive! 

World corruption after update to Automatons

w00kie shared this bug 18 months ago
Solved

Hello,

it seems some of my worlds have corrupted themselves with the update to Automatons version. Is the attached world salvageable so that I can keep playing it? Can you let me know, if possible, what you do to fix corruption or what is the culprit in this world, so that i can repair other old saves?

Thank you ♥

Attached are the world files in zip and the logs of my last attempt to load it.

Replies (3)

photo

ERROR Entity init!: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Sandbox.Game.EntityComponents.MyAutopilotComponent.InitWithOwnObjectBuilder()

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyRemoteControl.Init(MyObjectBuilder_CubeBlock objectBuilder, MyCubeGrid cubeGrid)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.Cube.MySlimBlock.Init(MyObjectBuilder_CubeBlock objectBuilder, MyCubeGrid cubeGrid, MyCubeBlock fatBlock)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyCubeGrid.AddCubeBlock(MyObjectBuilder_CubeBlock objectBuilder, Boolean testMerge, MyCubeBlockDefinition blockDefinition)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyCubeGrid.AddBlock(MyObjectBuilder_CubeBlock objectBuilder, Boolean testMerge)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyCubeGrid.InitInternal(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase objectBuilder, Boolean rebuildGrid)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyCubeGrid.Init(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase objectBuilder)

at Sandbox.Game.Entities.MyEntities.InitEntity(MyObjectBuilder_EntityBase objectBuilder, MyEntity& entity, Boolean tolerateBlacklistedPlanets)

Seems some oudated mod including "Remote Control" block breaks your save.

• MyObjectBuilder_RemoteControl/Ori_Gate_4x6
  • MyObjectBuilder_RemoteControl/Tritanium_RemoteControl_Large
  • MyObjectBuilder_RemoteControl/Tritanium_RemoteControl_Small

Check your mod which one have those blocks then remove that mod and then try again.

photo

Thank you very very much ♥

I was able to pin down the mods and the problematic definition files. I've commented out the block definition of those parts for the time being and can now play those savegames again. I've informed the mod authors of this thread and what I did so that they can look into finding a fix (I know this is only a start).

Again, thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I would have never found this without the help given here.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize that you're experiencing this issue.

You may be experiencing this issue because of broken/outdated/obsolete MODs. It is advisable to disable them before a major update and to back up your Roaming folder.

Kindly follow the below steps to recover your corrupted world save ;

1. Create a copy of the save game.

2. Rollback SE to 1.201 Most Wanted using the Steam Betas menu (Right-click Space Engineers in Library -> Properties -> Beta).

3. Start SE, click "Load Game", select copied save game and change settings.

4. Set the game to creative, offline, remove all mods, deactivate scripting.

5. Load the game.

6. Save the game as.

7. Exit SE.

8. Reinstall the 1.202 patch by selecting "None" in the Beta menu.

9. Start SE.

10. Load the newest save game.

11. Save the game as and exit out of it.

12. Go to Load Game and change the latest save games settings back to what they were originally (e.g. Survival, Private, Mods active, Scripting active).

13. Load the game.

Please let us know if you were able to recover and load/play your corrupted save by following the above steps.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thanks, I've went with the earlier reply from Arstraea and could get my savegames working again, see comment above.

photo

Hello, w00kie,

happy to hear that you are no longer experiencing this issue.

Since there is nothing more we can help you with, I will close this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you would observe/experience any other issue in the future.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!