This object is in archive! 

[1.202.066] [CREATIVE] Weapon Blocks Do Not Retrieve Ammo

Harbinger Ace shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

In Creative, both fixed weapons and turrets are no longer retrieving ammo from connected inventories. This is entirely independent of turret settings, grid size, ship/station status, installed mods, and whether or not PluginLoader is used.

The "Use Conveyor System" toggle does not work; both 'on' and 'off' are treated as 'off.'

Turrets placed both before and after Automatons experience this issue.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Ensure gamemode is set to Creative.
  2. Create a new grid via placing a power source.
  3. Place a cargo container on the power source.
  4. Place weapon on cargo container, ensuring inventory transfer is possible.
  5. Spawn the correct ammo in container.
  6. Weapon does not retrieve ammo.

In Survival, all weapons appear to work as intended.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Harbinger Ace,

thank you for reaching our forum with your problem.

Can I please ask once more what exactly is the problem here?

Once in creative mode (of the game, not just using creative tools in survival), the weapons never needed to use ammo as far as I know. Do you have any other experience?

You can double check e.g. on YouTube or on this link – "Weapons do not consume ammunition."

Since it's creative mode, the weapon does not need any ammo or magazine in order to fire. While in survival with creative tools, you can spawn the ammo to the connected containers, and those are needed for the weapon to fire, as the "main" mode that the game is running is actually still survival and you just use the creative tools to add blocks etc.

Please let me know if this is everything that you needed to know or if there is still something more that I can help with.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!