This object is in archive! 

Unknown Signals Stop Spawning Bug

EdrickV shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

A bug that seems to have been around for at least two years still seems to happen that can cause unknown signals to stop spawning. According to what I've read elsewhere, if the game saves/autosaves while an inactive container is awaiting cleanup, and you quit/leave the game at that point, it can cause unknown signals to stop spawning, and the container from that last one won't get cleaned up. This apparently happened to me, because the steps suggested (in a couple places, 2 years ago) to fix the issue worked. The fix instructions were:

Go into the relevant Sandbox.sbc save file

Find the <PlayerContainerData> entries

Set any <Active>false</Active> flags (in that section) to <Active>true</Active>

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, EdrickV,

thank you for letting us know and for sharing the fix for this.

I made sure to write it down in order to try and help other players with this issue in the future.

Thank you once again.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

The fix is temporary at best and seems to have other problems, like causing unknown signals to explode even after the button is pressed, so a real fix would be appreciated, since this bug apparently has been around for a while. Like this older report that came up in the suggestions, that has some more technical info:

https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/unknown-signals-issue-spawning-containers-automaticaly-set-to-false

Edit: And by temporary, I mean the problem comes back after being fixed.

photo

hey,

same here on vanilla survival mode (but experimental too) and I dunno why it happens. Suddenly no unknown signals anymore. No matter what I do....

photo

Why is this marked as solved?

I have the same issue and I have heard of others also with the same issue recently all over the place.

What patch solved it?

photo

Agreed, this bug is still effecting my current game.

Replies have been locked on this page!