distance to locked target not updating Event controller with offensive combat grid ai

val dibona shared this bug 12 months ago
Reported

I have an event controller set to trigger an action based on distance to locked target, the block selected is the offensive combat automatons block. (working flight ai as well). The value being output by the offensive combat block isn't being updated from when it first locks onto it (I found this by looking at the text shown by the event controller showing input).

In order to get this system to work I had to have a timer block reset clock which toggled the combat ai on and off constantly.

when It reset the combat ai block and the grid was in motion the values inputted into the event controller seemed to continually update for a second but then stopped.

Replies (3)

photo

I'm having the same problem. Might be hard to get enough attention as it would require so many people to attempt the same ideas. I tried to use Event Controllers to create a cluster missile that launches submunitions when Distance to Locked Target is less than 750, missile gets within 750m, nothing happens. Neither action 1 nor action 2 happen. Sometimes they work, most times it doesn't, very strange bug.

photo

yeah, It seems to be an issue with either the offensive combat ai controller or the event controller itself. or, more unlikely, the issue is with the way that the target lock is stored, I need to test with a traditional cockpit to check this. I'm pretty sure its with the offensive ai controller as the event controller would need to be able to handle updating input values. the work around I came up with was reseting the combat ai with a timer block which had "trigger now" on a timer that started the first timer again (with a 1 second wait).

I was actually also making a cluster bomb system, it had to spin at a distance to release the small bombs (merge block + warhead) so that they could spread out, nice to see another person with a similar idea

photo

The reason for this bug is the event controller is default in Action 1 when there is no lock however when the target is locked and the event should be triggered the event controller is already in action 1 so it does not "re trigger" the event . you can temporarily fix this by making the trigger even as the false trigger so action slot 2. i have done i bit of testing with this for a missile system.

photo
photo

Hello. engineer!

Thank you for letting us know.

The issue has been reported to our internal system.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

In addition to my upvote for this issue, if the combat blocks had a programmable-block accessible property to provide range to locked target, those of us inclined to work with programmable blocks could write scripts to poll that value and "fix" this problem ourselves.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file