This object is in archive! 

Game crashes after new automations update

Zack W Kern shared this bug 13 months ago
Solved

After new automations update the game crashes any time I install a remote control on a ship, also the game will not load any of my other games prior to this update I assume because I have remote control in use in those games. I am nearly sure the remote control is the trigger for the crash as it also happened in the beta part of automations where I had seen discussions of this problem and wrongly assumed it would be fixed by the release of the update. any assistance or fix would be appreciated.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Zack!

Thank you for writing to us.

We tried to replicate the issue, but the crash didn't happen when adding a remote control to a grid/ship or when loading a world that had a remote control before the Automatons update.

As workarounds, you can try verifying your game files in Steam;

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Or, try the solution mentioned in this thread.

If the issue persists, please send us a screen recording/video showing the game crashing when adding the remote control to a ship, along with the game crash log files. Kindly also send us a world save that you can't open after the Automatons update, along with a log file when the world load fails.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

did you used any mods related with Remote control block?

The server which is I playing had a same issue and that's because of this mod

Remote Control Max Speed Limit Mod to 1000 m/s" (ModID:2179018272)

photo

I will check out thank you Arstraea and Keen Department

photo

Thank you Arstraea for your help. I have discovered that a mod ( remote control speed 1000) is indeed the problem, as soon as I removed this mod the game responds as it should. thanks again

photo

Glad to hear you resolved your problem :)

photo

Hello, Zack,

thanks for the update.

Happy to hear that you manage to solve this problem and are able to load and play the game normaly.

Since there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this thread now.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you experience/observe any other issue in the future.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!