crashing related to solar panels/automatons beta blueprint(?)

Riku Anita shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

I've been running into crashes with a ship I build in the recent public beta test where when I try running it on solar panels alone the game crashes. in this save I've removed all mods and double checked that the crash still happens and sure enough. this save was made during the automatons beta as well.

I've had similar crashes in a survival save where I built the same ship from the blueprint of it from the automatons beta and have had the game crash while the grid was powered, but that save is modded so I think that problem in that case is a mod.

I've included crash logs from the un-modded save file

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Riku Anita,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Thank you for the log but I could not find the crash there. Can you please share your log from the time this crash happened?

Can you please also share your world save or blueprint which causes this issue so that I can test it out?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I am currently in the process of pinpointing a similiar if not the same crashreason.

However, I cannot figure out the exact circumstances.

I have an asteroid station with Isys Solar Alignment script and 2 subgrids with solar panels - all fine there. I have another station in the Orbit of Europa (same savegame) and the game constantly crashes since the update, and while I was experimenting with savegame edits I reached the point where it is not crashing anymore. Reason probably was that I deleted the sub grids with the solar panel on my orbital station.

I can play around the station without any problems, but in the very same moment I place a single solar panel, the game instantly freezes. I tried it on subgrids and removing the subgrids and only building on the maingrid, I removed the solar script there as well - no chance. The orbital station is a no-go area for any solar panel for me since the update. Since the game freezes, the log does not provide any errors - it stops before the actual freeze.

Note that I am running mods in that world, I will make a copy of it and rip out all mods and further investigate. I am 99% sure it is solar panels on that particular grid, I just cannot figure out why the asteroid station is totally fine with panels and this one is not.

I will report back if I find out more.

:EDIT:

Taking out all mods of the world does not fix it: I can place panels around the station (creating a new grid so to speak) without a problem, but the moment I attach a panel to that station and its freezing again.

photo

Hello, Riku Anita,

It has been some time since you posted this report. Has this problem been resolved by the hotfixes or are you still experiencing this?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Riku Anita,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file