This object is in archive! 

Time to load the game is insane

Vincent shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello!

I haven't played Space Engineers for a while, I came back and I really enjoy it. Only huge issue is that the game takes way too long to load. I'm at the moment trying to load a new game (I've got all DLC's except for Deluxe) and it's 5 minutes in and the game hasn't even loaded yet!

I'm playing on gaming laptop which was manufactured at 2022, specs isn't an issue.

I did use Steam's verify integrity of files button, it all went well

Replies (6)

photo

I actually am unable to enter the world at all

photo

Seems to have fixed it when I enabled Experimental mode through game settings. Look into it anyway!

photo

Ah, same started happening...

photo

Current state is that I have to restart Space engineers 3-4 times just to enter the world. Only then world get's loaded in ~30 seconds, other times it takes 8 and more minutes, never had enough patience to wait it out

photo

Hello, Vincent!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize that you're experiencing this issue.

Are you using any plugins in the game? If so, kindly remove/disable the plugin, load an Empty World, and recheck if the load time changes.

If there is no plugin in the game and you still experience slow loading, kindly try the following workarounds that might resolve the issue ;

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If the issue persists, please send us the log files when you experience this issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!