[BUG] Event Controller double reporting piston position

Kenneth Opdahl shared this bug 12 months ago
Reported

When the Event Controller is set to Equal or less than or Equal or greater than, the Event triggers twice. both when its hits Equal and again when passing the Greater/Less than threshold.

Correct behaviour should only trigger once. (if for some reason this is intended behaviour, there needs to be "Equal to" aswell as "Equal or Greater/Less than" I think this is a bug as this behaviour was not present in the Beta)

Video example:

https://youtu.be/xsanSX7dtBY

Blueprint example:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2962651608

Example setup:

Event Controller Right - Equal or greater than 50%

Event Controller Left - Equal or less than 50%

Event Controller Both - Action 1 Toggle piston off

Example Less than 50%: (Left Piston)

1. Turn Piston on from 10m, it retracts, hits 5.0m, Event triggers, piston turns off.

2. Turn on piston, Piston retracts to 4.9 Event triggers again, piston turns off.

3. Turn on piston again, fully retracts to 0m

(2. is where the unintended behaviour occurs. as the trigger already occured once)

Example Greater than 50%: (Right piston)

1. Turn on Piston from 0m, it extends, hits 5.0m, Event triggers, piston turns off.

2. Turn on piston, Piston extends to 5.1 Event triggers again, piston turns off.

3. Turn on piston again, fully extends to 10m

(2. is where the unintended behaviour occurs. as the trigger already occured once)

Replies (5)

photo

Seriously Keen!

Please find a fix for this issue Support Team.. You cannot be so lazy and tell us you "Couldn't Replicate" This issue yourselfs.

photo

I was trying to build some kind of VTOL system and I can confirm that it happens with thrusters aswell. I am using Thrusters % as an event to change the Rotor Velocity, if the Thruster % is equal to the trigger % in the controller while ramping up/down it increases/decreases the velocity of the rotor twice which is a problem as it makes the system I want to make impossible to build.

I would love to see other trigger options such as "Equal to" and "Greater/Less than" to make sure every option is covered for people wanting to make very specific systems.

photo

Conditions should be like in any programming software: Lest-than or equal, Greater-than or equal, Less-than, Greater-than, Equal.

photo

Hello, Kenneth Opdahl,

thank you for your detailed report. And thank you everyone else joining in with your feedback. I reproduced the behavior and I reported this issue internally.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi!

Its been 5 month and the bug is still very much present even after the release of the latest DLC.

Is there any news on the matter? is it still in the reported bug's list?

Leave a Comment

Attach a file