This object is in archive! 

[Build 1.202.066 - Automatons] - Endless Loading Screen on attempting to create new worlds.

Paul-Daniel Cooper shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

Good day, Keen Software House,

I encountered the following bug regarding endless loading of newly created worlds. This might also be the cause of why other of my fellow players might have trouble loading into their pre-update created worlds. Here is the data I could provide:

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Launch the Title and proceed to the Main Menu;
  2. Select "New Game" > "Custom Game"
  3. Select any of the affected worlds (see Notes) and click "Start."

Result: The title prompts into an endless loading screen.

Expected Result: The title requires that it successfully loads all worlds under the "Custom Games" tab.

Notes:

While testing the title for bugs, I identified the following affected worlds that prompted the title into endless loading screen:

• Mars Planet
  • Star System
  • Alien Planet

Also, these unaffected worlds were identified:

• Asteroid Armory
  • Earth Planet

After loading an Unaffected world, exiting to Main Menu and loading an Affected world, I could no longer reproduce the issue by following the steps, or by restarting the title.

Bear in mind I did not have any DLC enabled or mods subscribed to from the Steam Workshop.

I hope you will find this information useful. Please make best efforts to have this issue fixed and email me if you need additional information.

Have a great day!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Paul!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize that you're experiencing this issue.

First, please check if you're using any plugins in the game. If so, kindly remove/disable the plugin and load the Custom Game where you experienced the issue to check if it resolves the problem.

If you're not using any plugins, the issue might be related to your graphics settings. Please try lowering your graphics settings by going to Option → Graphics → Quality Preset → Low/Medium → save changes and try to load Custom Games you were experiencing the issue.

If the issue still occurs, kindly try the following workarounds that might resolve your issue;

Verify your game files on Steam

• Right-click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

• It means your game configuration will be deleted
  • You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Delete ShaderCache folder

• Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg
  • Backup your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it
  • Restart Steam
  • Reinstall VC Redist 2017
  • Update graphic drivers
  • Reinstall the game
  • Make sure your operating system is fully updated

If the issue persists, please send us the log files when you experience this issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!