AI & Target locking does not trigger custom turret controller

MrMaxwell_ shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

I've noticed that block turrets will attempt to fire at the AI offensive block's target if in range, but custom turrets do not respond even though they should all be in range of the target. Changing the turret controller's settings or manually clicking on 'focus locked target' doesn't work either.

The same issue seems to be present with player target locking where CTC's does not fire at the locked target even when the focus button is pressed.

Replies (5)

photo

For me the custom turrets only shoot AI targetted blocks if there also other normal turrets on the grid.

I've tested this bug extensively and it seems to be a problem with the "Focus locked target" not working for the custom turret block unless there are normal turrets (artillery, assault turret...) also focusing that target.

For example I made an assault cannon custom turret (range 1400m) and is able to shoot enemies to that range if I also have an artillery turret on my grid, and I choose the "Focus locked target" option even for this artillery turret only, it seems to "activate" the custom turret block too.

photo

Hello, MrMaxwell_,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Can you please share your world save with me so that I can test it out in your world?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi, I have created a test world here with some different turret configurations set up. They've all locked onto the same target and you'll find that the grids with AI block only fires the block turrets. Grids with a cockpit and both a normal turret and custom turret fires at the target normally when you step into the cockpit but does not fire the custom turret if there is only a custom turret on the ship.

photo
photo

I'm having the same issue, Focus Locked Target/Target Locking seems to do nothing for custom turret controllers unless there's also a normal turret on the grid, and it seems to be limited by the range of that turret.

For example a custom turret with Assault Cannons cannot lock/focus target at it's max range of 1400m unless there's an Assault Turret on the grid with the same range. Placing an Autocannon Turret on the grid makes that same custom turret able to target lock at only 800m. (The normal turret didn't need to be shooting for even able to see the target to get this effect for me.)

However if a longer range turret was placed on that grid previously and the custom turret fired it seemed to retain it's ability for the custom turret to target at that range, even if moving back out of and into range of the target and relocking.

photo

Hello,

thank you for the save. I was able to reproduce the bug there and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Engineers!

We're happy to inform you that the upcoming "203" update contains a fix for the bug you have reported. Thank you for taking your time to inform us about this issue and making Space Engineers better.

If you are still experiencing the bug on the new version, please let us know by commenting here or opening a new thread.

We are closing this thread as "Solved".

Kind Regards,

photo

This bug is still happening. We want the defense AI block to extend the distance of custom turret controllers beyond the basic limit like it does for all other turrets. There seems to be an issue with them working together.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file