Piston Head is not connecting in center

Christian Koltermann shared this bug 18 months ago
Need More Information

Hi,

on my private server when i build Piston over Piston the 4th Piston show that the Piston Head is not connecting to the center. It does not matter if i build the Pistons on the Armor Block or on a Conveyor, it is always the 4th Piston and when i build after the 4th Piston ( where you see the problem ) on top new Pistons and here it does not matter how many it always shows correctly.

Eamples :

Armor Block + Piston + Piston + Piston + Piston ( on the last 4th Piston the Piston-Head is not displayed at the center of the Piston (picture Piston1)

also when i do this:

Conveyor + Piston + Piston + curved conveyor + Piston + Piston

(also here it is the 4th Piston where this problem is ( picture Piston 2)

Thanks,

Christian

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Christian,

thank you for letting us know about this issue.

However, it seems that I'm not able to reproduce this issue on my end. Please take a look on my image depicting all variants that you wrote about. All are correct on 4th piston.

Can you please provide me more information?

Are there any mods involved on the game where you are experiencing this issue?

Is this happening to vanilla game without any mods as well? Preferably started the game without mods, not starting with them and taking them out later.

Where (what type of game) are you playing? You are writing "my private server". It is in Lobby mode, or dedicated server?

Are these pistons build by hand (creative) or with welder and welded with needed of components?

Are the piston heads added by default when building the piston, or do you add them by hand by using the "Add piston head" button in the piston Terminal?

Can you please share me one of the affected files (without mods, if happening there as well), where these grids would be already present and I can try to build the same grid right next to it?

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers(Dedicated; according to what mode you are using)\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Any other information that you can share – e.g. video where this issue would be clearly visible when it happens – would also help if you are willing to share.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi Ondrej,

i have only Small Ship Jump 5 Minutes Charge mod on my Dedicated Server but this happened also when i remove the mods from the Dedicated Server UI App and restart the server.

The Piston Head added by Default, even if i remove it form the 4th Piston and added manually to it .. it is still the same issue.

I have also attached a Video how to build it, and before i Build it you can see the 2 testBuild Pistons on the left where the Piston Head is not correct after the First Piston but this was after the 4th Piston before i logged out. After i logged in it shows that the Piston Head is wrong after the first Piston build, more details are in the Video.

video for download

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApWEzdVqJtWRk3eCfCjS3JPKes2J?e=dpkcfs

Regards,

Christian

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file