AI Offensive (Combat) block only detecting enemy players when they are flying

Xendaka Korva shared this bug 12 months ago
Solved

what it says on the tin, when i'm on foot the AI Offensive (Combat) block does not detect me for the pirate drone to act, but once my feet are off the ground the AI detects me properly and engages, and once i'm on the ground again it loses it's lock and goes back to search mode soon after

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Xendaka Korva,

thank you for reporting to us. I tested the behavior but the drone kept shooting at me even when I was on voxel or grid. Can you please share your world where this is happening?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Sure thing, it just seemed very odd when it came to it not targeting me to save it's damn LIFE so hopefully you can see what went wrong, do note the drone that was having the issue is not in the save so you'd have to add your own unless I NEED to have the drone involved in said save

photo

Wait, DAMNIT the file decided to go POOF XD

photo

Ok seems like I'll have to see about linking it due to the file refusing to be added, Would dropbox work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1hqsddwitvkok1w/Vanilla Shipmaking.zip?dl=0

photo
photo

Hello, Xendaka Korva,

thank you for the world save. Can you please specify which drone is not engaging in combat? I found one drone which did not have AI blocks and a large ship which also did not have any. I had to deactivate all of your mods, so can you please give me GPS coordinates by which I can find the grid?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Huh, I could have sworn I left a drone in the area, and the save has 2 GPSs one for planetary testing and one for orbital testing last I checked, I might have to repost the word with the offending drones as a redo which means resending the dropbox link

photo
photo

Hello, Xendaka Korva,

have you managed to repost the world? If so, can you please share the link with me?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

I forgot to do so, I'll get back to you once it is as soon as I scrapping can

photo

ok I got the file, I also apparently forgot to include a video of the issue in action which was very silly of me so I'll go ahead and post both of them on here

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/oztadbfc0ts8iu5i0j5hy/Vanilla-Shipmaking.7z?rlkey=974zpzcy577p6bvkexfyq2sku&dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/y2omt3v4e5jig72kpnblj/Space-Engineers-2023.04.14-21.41.26.02.mp4?rlkey=nclklrgivc9ej4s4s8k3k9aks&dl=0

photo
photo

Hello, Xendaka Korva,

thank you for the world save and video. I managed to reproduce this on the current version of the game. However, this bug is expected to be fixed in the incoming update (Warfare Evolution, Decorative Pack 3, version 203) soon.

Can you please wait for the update and test this behavior again? If you still experience this behavior, please create another thread.

I will close this report, but please do not hesiate to contact us in the future.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file