This object is in archive! 

Validation Loop (Steam Client)

Michael shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

I have 2 issues; it first started a couple of updates/DLC a go (Not 100% sure when it started)

every 30 sec to 1 min Space Engineers (on the Steam Client) keeps validating for 5 min.

When I click on Play, the client gets stuck in Updating (when looking under downloads it says it's the workshop) It gets stuck/frozen for 25 - 30 min doing nothing; after getting board for 30 min I hit cancel and the validation loop continues on the steam client.

To see it for your selves I've uploaded a raw file toy my YouTube channel and unlisted it; that way only you and I can watch it, the link is: https://youtu.be/H_2HW8qeJ9Q

These are 2 very frustrating issues; I was planning for a livestream 18:00 GMT, It's now 22:24 and I still can't get in. To be on the safe side I'm currently I'm cleaning up (Removing a lot of) the mods I have from the steam workshop.

My PC specs are:

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z390-A Socket LGA1151

CPU: 9th Gen Intel Core I7-9700K Processor (3.6GHz, 8 Core, LGA1151) (Running Stock, No overclocking)

Heatsink: Noctua NH-U14S Ultra-Quiet Slim CPU Cooler with 2x NF-A15 Fan's (The Heat pipes stick out of the case by 5mm, unable to close PC case, without causing a short)

RAM: 32GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance (Running at 2133MHz)

GPU: Power Colour AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT Red Devil 12 Gb DDR6 (Overheats on games with un-capped FPS which happens to be most early access titles)

1st HD: 240GB Radeon SSD (O/S only)

2nd HD: 2TB SATA III (Seagate BarraCuda 3.5")

3rd HD: 2TB SATA III (Seagate BarraCuda 3.5")

4th HD: 240GB Kingston SSD (SVN/Repository only)

5th HD: 2TB SATA III (Seagate BarraCuda 3.5")

Optical Drive: Pioneer BD-RW BDR-209 (Writes up to 50Gb Blu-rays)

Sound Card: Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Plus Pure Edition (With the Zx Exterior controller)

PSU (Power Supply): Phanteks Revolt X (80 Plus Platinum) 1000 Watt Fully Modular Power Supply

Monitor: (2x): IIYama 28" G-Master GB2888UHSU Monitor (3840 x 2160 Max DPI) Both are currently set for 1080p.

Mouse: Tecknet 6D Gaming Mouse (Cheep but still a good mouse)

Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 (Removed windows keys, they kept getting in the way)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Michael,

I am very sorry you are experiencing this issue. Thank you for the video. You can try the following:

- unsubscribe from workshop content for Space Engineers

- if it still does not work then uninstall the game through Steam, make sure to backup your save files

Please, let me know if you are still having issues.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!