Drone stops attacking when line of sight blocked

posthy shared this bug 12 months ago
Reported

I have a little drone with assault cannons, attack and move AI blocks. I set the attack mode to 'Circle' at 200 m, min altitude 30m, testing on a planet. When the target is at ground level, the drone stops moving and shooting when the line of sight is blocked by a tree. Setting higher altitude of course fixes it, but i think the drone should continue the circles.

Edit: sorry supposed to be a bug report

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, posthy,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it. Could you share further information with me?

I tried to replicate your settings but my drone kept shooting even when there were trees. I placed the target on ground so the drone would have to cross the trees. Can you please share your world save with me so that I can test it there?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I was able to reproduce it. Save file attached.

photo

Hello,

thank you for the save. I was able to reproduce the bug and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Checking after update, not fixed

Leave a Comment

Attach a file