Ai Recorder

Michael shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

Good day.

I tried to recreated the drone that automatically fly to and from 2 places to move cargo. I couldn't even get past the first part (having it connect to my station) because the AI recorder doesn't follow the waypoints well. It also doesn't face the same direction sometimes and other times it does??

Best Answer
photo

i had the same probleme, the drone do not want fly backward for docking with is rear connector.

THE PROBLEM:

it is the "align with P. Gravity" option of the ai move block,

it make the drone to not follow the recorded orientation of the drone at each waypoint.

with the precise option you can make the drone turn towards the next waypoint.

but my drone need the to fly backward not forward,

THE SOLUTION:

you need to disable the option "align with P. Gravity" of the ai move block.

you can disable it on you first recorded waypoint to let your drone follow you recorded path perfectly.

KEEN need to make the option "align with P. Gravity" of the ai move block to not interfer with ai recording block waypoint.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Michael!

Thank you for writing to us.

You may be experiencing this issue because of the enabled Collision Avoidance. Kindly follow this guide to learn more about Collision Avoidance and how AI Recorder/other AI blocks work.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue using the guide, kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue happening on your end and the world save file where we can reproduce this issue.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Good day.

The problem of the Drone not getting close enough is resolved but sadly there is still a problem.

The Drone does not want to align the way it was facing but luckily one can add a waypoint before the descending waypoint to align it.

Thank you for your time and help

photo

i had the same probleme, the drone do not want fly backward for docking with is rear connector.

THE PROBLEM:

it is the "align with P. Gravity" option of the ai move block,

it make the drone to not follow the recorded orientation of the drone at each waypoint.

with the precise option you can make the drone turn towards the next waypoint.

but my drone need the to fly backward not forward,

THE SOLUTION:

you need to disable the option "align with P. Gravity" of the ai move block.

you can disable it on you first recorded waypoint to let your drone follow you recorded path perfectly.

KEEN need to make the option "align with P. Gravity" of the ai move block to not interfer with ai recording block waypoint.

photo

Hello, Michael,

we are aware of the align to P gravity causing issues with the yaw movement of ships when docking. Was this user having same problem as you? https://support.keenswh.com/spaceengineers/pc/topic/28051-precision-mode-bug

Thank you for letting me know.

Kind Regards,

photo

Good day.

This was also one problem I had when I was testing.

I could only use bottom connectors because of this alignment issue

photo
photo

Hello, Michael,

thank you for your response. Since you said one of the problems was resolved and the one I shared is the same you experienced, does it mean that I can close this thread? If there is any other issue you noticed, can you please let me know?

Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Michael,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind Regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file
Access denied