This object is in archive! 

Sensors do not detect airborne, enemy small grids

Husker shared this bug 18 months ago
Solved

Sensors will not fire detection actions when set to detect and within range of enemy grids when the following conditions are met:

- Enemy grid is a small grid

- Enemy grid is airborne

Sensors will still detect enemy large grids or enemy small grids which are grounded.

Replies (4)

photo

UPDATE: This issue can be replicated by placing a sensor on top of an airborne enemy grid and setting it to detect only enemy small grids. The output can be observed to show no detection. The main body of the grid cannot be in contact with the ground for it to qualify as airborne. A sub-grid can be in contact with the ground and the issue will still occur.

Upon further testing, it seems the issue will correct itself after some unknown trigger (perhaps after some time or unknown event). However, when loading a new world the issue will present itself again.

photo

Hello, Husker,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I tried to replicate your setup by placing a sensor on a small grid ship and setting it to detect enemies. Even though I tested this in space and all ships were airborne, the sensor did detect the enemy ship. Can you please share your world with me so that I can test it out there as well?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I have two worlds where I tested this issue. This particular one is planet-side and where the issue was first discovered.

photo

Hello,

thank you for the save. However I am not sure where the sensor in question is. I was trying to find it in the plane and other vehicles, also in the base which did have one sensor and it was set to activate the grinders. Was it this one you were mentioning? Can you please provide me with more information on where I can find the sensor and the actions that it should trigger?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello. While trying to create a better example, I found that I am no longer able to recreate the issue in older or new worlds. You may mark this as resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thanks for the update.

As there is no further assistance needed from our side, we are closing this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you happen to experience or observe any other issues.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!