Dengleo Kai shared this bug 12 months ago
Won't Fix

Help, please!(

Best regards,

Dengleo

Replies (19)

photo

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Keen Software House.

Unfortunately, we were unable to determine how best to help you.

Could you please provide a short summary of the issue your are experiencing?

On what platform are you running the game and experiencing this issue?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Sure! Thanks for your answer.

I`m using win 10 pro 22H2

64gb RAM

Intel Core i7-8700

3070 msi - nvidia Experience "GeForce Game ready" driver is updated

This is my account https://steamcommunity.com/id/dengleo/

I`m playing on Keen RU #1 server (185.70.107.50:27016)

Problem is

- During the loading screen before it`s ready it crashes to desktop without error message

photo

Hello!

Thank you for the additional information. Now I know where to switch your message so our testers can help you. I'm moving your ticket to our PC support page, where our QA team will take care of you.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House

photo

Hello, Dengleo Kai,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Can you please share your log file from the time of the crash with me?

- You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Do you have this problem when trying to connect to any server or this specific one? You can try to delete ShaderCache and run the game again, so new shader cache folder would be created with new fresh data in it. You can find it in the same \Roaming\SpaceEngineers folder.

Thank you for letting me know if it worked.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I think it should be the newest file with this bug (I`ve updated the game and bought DLC)

photo

Tell me if you need more info, please(

photo

Hello,

can you please share a log from the time your game crashed? I could not find the crash in this log.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

It should be 100%

I tried to join the server and it showed just space first and tried to reconnect after loading but crashed again

photo

short video before crash.

photo

recorded on windows tool (win+g)

It stopped video because it crashed

photo

Hello, Dengleo Kai,

thank you for the log and video. However I could not find the crash in the log you provided. You can check yourself before sending it. Just open the log and at the very bottom would be a line and text CRASH INFO. That is the log I need. Can you please try to send it again?

In the meantime you can try the following:

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Back up your whole Space Engineers Roaming folder and delete it

Restart Steam

Reinstall VC Redist 2017

Update graphic drivers

Reinstall the game

Make sure your operating system is fully updated

You did not confirm if you deleted the ShaderCache, so I included it again.

Are you using any VPN? Have you since posting this report tried to connect to any other server? There was a patch for all of the official servers, so please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue after you took all of these steps.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

d920db6d19cbb2ba9a8bd9662088f666

After 10 times one error message I`ve got! Maybe it could help

photo

Hello,

thank you for the log and a video. The exception in your log is a generic DirectX error indicating that the GPU driver is crashing/has crashed. Since you said that you updated your graphics drivers, you can also try to switch GPU driver settings to high-performance. This could be also a HW issue, please check your GPU temperature and if possible the hardware itself.

You can also try to lower your settings in game so it needs less memory to run.

Did you experience this issue before you updated your drivers? If not, can you got back to the version where the crash did not occur? How much memory are you using (how many applications are running in the background)?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

It`s not connected to drivers. Because these crashes started much time ago. I have 3070)) and you don`t have so bad optimization to fire my machine)

I constantly monitor CPU and GPU temperature. It`s fine.

I usually have VS code, slack, telegram and a lot of Chrome tabs but it should be fine with 64gb RAM.

I`ll try high-performance, thanks.

photo

I really appreciate your help!

photo

Hello,

are you experiencing similar problems in other games as well? Did you try to delete shadercache as I advised you?

Chrome and VS code could be taking a lot of memory but as I cannot see your computer it is very hard for me to determine the problem. From the log itself I can tell it is the hardware not functioning well.

Does this happened only on the official server? Can you start a lobby on your computer, and then log out and try to join the official server? Have you tried to contact the admin of the server? If you managed to log in some time ago, there could be still your character that could be causing issues. The admin then could remove your character and see if that helps.

Thank you for letting me know.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello,

It`s not happen with other servers but it could be after some hours of playing.

1) shadercache2 folder is deleted

2) SpaceEngineers.cfg is deleted

3) Game files are verified

4) graphic drivers are updated

5) steam was restarted

result: this crash appears but getting to the server is now possible. I think it`s a victory for now. The main thing is not to get worse.

photo

Hello,

happy to hear your problem is at least partially resolved. However if you do experience the crash again, can you please send me a log from the time of the crash?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineers,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Leave a Comment

Attach a file