This object is in archive! 

Space Engineers has a micro freeze when put a new "container" block

Valery Mironenka shared this bug 18 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello,

Unfortunately I faced with a game freeze (~0.5 sec) when try to put/remove a new block which has container inside (to existed grid). There is no any lags when I put/remove just simple armour block. It is strange, because it looks not like a lag.. i see animated sparks from the cutter during lag..

So, my ship consists of large blocks (armour blocks) with a lot of assemblers (~150) , ore refiners (~150), and o2/h2 generators (~980). I found the bug when I was building ~600th o2/h2 generator.. I have read many forums and it is pretty small number for lags..?

I don't use any mods, but have got almost all official DLCs. The game settings - unlimited PCU. The bug reproduces on high and low graphic settings. The world contains not a lot of PCUs - it's about 200.000 blocks. Not sure where I can get the exact value.

I'm playing via Geforce Now with Ultimate plan. It must be RTX4080.

Sorry, my English is not so good.. If you need some screenshots, or smth else - I will add it

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us.

As you have described, you have quite a lot of blocks on the ship you have experienced this issue, please note, having a very high PCU (Performance Cost Unit) does impact the game's performance and cause noticeable lag. Could you kindly try to create a simple grid in a new world and check if the lag/freeze persists there as well? Kindly share a screen recording/video with us showing the issue happening on your ship and also on a new grid you created in the new world.

• You can check the current grid's PCU usage on the grid's Info Screen (Aim at the grid terminal, Press K > Info tab).
  • You can check individual PCU usages of all your owned grids on your engineer's Info Screen (Press K > Info tab)

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!