Frostbite Scenario Issue

Eriit shared this bug 18 months ago
Need More Information

Greetings!

I'm writing this because I've encountered an issue during my playthrough of the Frostbite scenario. Posted first on Steam, was redirected to this forum. (see image link for reference: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2035105196645337374/D9D8A1BA496E6A4854720925F2DCF1A601392B2A/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false)

As you can tell from the image, I've done some things out of order because i was exploring a lot with my flying miner. This meant that even after i brought the data container out of the mine and on to the starter base landing pad, progress was not registered.

Furthermore, I tried disabling the lockdown with the lockdown disabler thing (supposedly present at the weather station): it simply did not spawn (or maybe was removed by the automatic trash remover?), which meant having to blow up the reactor. After detonating the reactor using the appropriate pads in the appropriate order (coolant first, then column, then reactor), the objective was not completed either.

Feels like this is a dead save, which sucks since I was enjoying taking my time and progressing the scenario in a laid back manner... Is there any way to rescue this save file, or do I have to restart the entire scenario?

Attached are the log and my save.

Thank you for your time,

Eriit

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Thank you for writing to us, and we apologize that you're experiencing this issue.

Could you kindly provide us with more information about the issue?

Was there any MOD that was previously active on this save and later removed before the issue occurred?

Also, do you have a separate save file from before you retrieved the Data Container from the Manufacturing Line? If so, could you please check if the issue persists when starting the scenario from that save file?

If the issue remains, please send us that saved file so that we can investigate further.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello!

I did not run any mods in this Scenario. I am doing a little bit of achievement hunting, so I'm doing everything vanilla to prevent any problems.

I have a file from before I retrieved the Data Container, but the Lockdown Module is still gone. I believe it might have despawned since the weather station was one of the first places I visited.

Taking the Data Container to the dropoff platform in the starter base triggers the completion sound, but the questline does not advance. Blowing up the reactor via the meltdown triggers (Coolant -> Column -> Reactor) doesn't advance the questline either, questline remains at the state present in the previously supplied screenshot.

I don't know whether I'm missing something, or if I broke the questline by doing some steps out of order. To confirm whether that was the case, I loaded an even older save, where I did not trigger the later quest steps. I destroyed the reactor via the normal steps, then extracted the data container from the Manufacturing Line. Even after taking the container to the dropoff, neither of the steps were recognized as completed. I attached the save pre and post testing. In these files, the Lockdown Module was already gone.

Maybe I broke something even further back in the save?

Thank you for your time

Eriit

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file