Jump to center of the earth

Jason McAlpin shared this bug 13 months ago
Solved

I was jumping from the moon to the earth. But didn't know the distance so I jumped 20km to inch my way over. This is on NA#1.

I think the server restarted in the middle of my jump since I lost connection.

When I was able to get back on the ship was sitting inside the earth. I had to get an admin to teleport the ship out.

Replies (3)

photo

As one of the Admins, we see this from time to time.

It happens when a player initiates a jump during the last few seconds before a server restart.

Regardless of the starting position of the jumping ship, the result is always the same - grid appears at GPS 0,0,0.

The grid retains it velocity prior to the jump,

The player is then unable to Fly their grid out due to being under the voxel layer and can not jump out as they are within a gravity field.

The only way to correct this is for an Admin to sit in a seat on the grid and teleport it back into space.

photo

Hello, Jason McAlpin,

thank you for your report. I am sorry for the late reply, I was trying to reproduce the bug on my server. I discovered how to successfully reproduce it every time and I reported it internally.

Please, do not hesitate to write to us again if you find another bug.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineers!

We're happy to inform you that the upcoming "203" update contains a fix for the bug you have reported. Thank you for taking your time to inform us about this issue and making Space Engineers better.

If you are still experiencing the bug on the new version, please let us know by commenting here or opening a new thread.

We are closing this thread as "Solved".

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file