This object is in archive! 

Hotbar will not activate grouped blocks while multiple others keys are pressed

Mathieu Favreau shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

This happen while holding multiple keys on the keyboard, for exemple when doing maneuvers in more than one direction. If more then one such key is pressed, then grouped block bounded to the hotbar will just not respond when their corresponding key is activated.

This is annoying if, for exemple, one is trying to activate the Copy target function of grouped turrets while doing intense evasive maeuvers, that usually consist of holding W, E, and spacebar at the same time.

Replies (9)

photo

Hello, Mathieu Favreau,

thank you for reporting to us. Can you please share more information with me? I tried to press multiple keys and active grouped blocks on the hotbar but they worked for me.

Can you please share your blueprints or saves where you noticed this bug?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.¨

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Sure, here you go.

The bug shouldn't be too hard to replicate, I think. Just burn in mutiple direction and try to activate any group that have an hotbar key. The easiest way would be to try to activate the copy target command for the main weapons group with the 4 key while holding W, E and spacebar.

photo

Hello,

thank you for the blueprint. I tested it out but when I pressed multiple keys, they worked. The turrents could not lock to target but neither could they when I was activating them without the rest of the buttons. Can you please be more specific what your issue is? If you could record a video showing your problem, that would really help me out.

Are you using any mods which could potentially break the behavior?

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello,

There are no mods, but I am playing on a Torch server with a couple pluggins. I can ask for more info to the server's admin if needed.

Thank you for your time

photo

Hello,

thank you for your quick reply and the video with explanation. I tested it again in both single player and dedicated server. I tried to press multiple buttons but the hotbar still reacted. I am adding a short video.

Can you please test it out yourself again on a Dedicated server which is not using pluggins so that we can rule them out? You can also test it out in Single player. If it is still happening I will try to investigate what is causing this issue for you. You can also ask the admin about the settings they are using.

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards,

photo

This is curious.

I have been able to replicate this bug consitantly on my end, both in fully vanilla creative and on a locally hosted creative server.

photo

So, I did some more testing, and this is what I found out. I seams that I didn't correctly define the problem in the first place, but, this time, I got it.

Activating most groups will still work when burning in 3 directions. The Copy target command will also work for a single turret. This is also the case with a same type turrets group, like if only arti turrets are grouped together.

Where it falls apart is when trying to activate any function with the toolbar of a group composed of MULTIPLE TYPES OF BLOCKS while accelerating in three directions. I haven't tested them all, but then no functions will activate. That is what happened when I tried to activate the group composed of my artillery+assault cannons turrets.

So we have a definitive and replicaple sets of condition for the bug.

I hope that it helps.

photo

Hello,

I tested it again and I am adding a short video, you can tell me if they are the same steps that you did. I tested it in single player and on dedicated server. I cannot get the same result as you do. Can you please send me your world save? Hopefully I can identify the bug there.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you for your answer.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!