This object is in archive! 

KEEN NA Servers Not Responding

Diggrok shared this bug 19 months ago
Solved

I am playing Space Engineers via Steam through NVIDIA GeForce NOW. For the last 18 hours or so when I try to join a Keen NA server it tries to communicate with server then hits a "Server Not Responding" error. Last time I was able to connect was around 5pm PST last night then in the evening and today I hit the error.

A lot of fixes I've seen deal with deleting client-side cache files but that isn't a possibility through GeForce NOW. Any ideas on a fix to get up and running again?

I can connect to non-Keen servers no problem.

Thanks,

Diggrok

Best Answer
photo

Hello, Diggrok,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Can you please try the following:

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Please let me know if you are still having the issue. If so, then please share your log with me. It is located in the Roaming folder in the SpaceEngineers folder.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies (4)

photo

Adding on, I'm able to connect to the Keen EOS servers, but not the Steam ones.

photo

Hello, Diggrok,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Can you please try the following:

Verify your game files in Steam

-Right click on Space Engineers in Steam Library → Properties → Local Files → Verify Integrity of Game Files

Delete SpaceEngineers.cfg file

-You can access your SpaceEngineers.cfg by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

- It means your game configuration will be deleted

Delete ShaderCache folder

-Same access as SpaceEngineers.cfg

Please let me know if you are still having the issue. If so, then please share your log with me. It is located in the Roaming folder in the SpaceEngineers folder.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

photo

It seems verifying the game in Steam worked, which is good because the other 2 solutions are not possible when cloud gaming through GeForce Now (you don't get access to Windows files).

Thanks!!

photo

Hello,

I am happy to hear your problem was solved. Since there is no assistance from me needed anymore I will close this thread.

You are welcome :) Thank you for letting me know.

Happy engineering!

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!