Dedicated Server: Searchlight not working following character

im_naku shared this bug 14 months ago
Solved

There is a post made with the same title. Says the issue has been solved and archived. It is not solved and shouldn't be archived.

Search light continually does not follow friendly characters on official dedicated KEEN servers.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, im_naku,

thank you for letting us know about this.

Issue was successfully reproduced and put into our internal system.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This issue still persists after the Automaton update. However, in my case, they were working for a while, but then stopped working altogether out of nowhere. This was encountered in a server I am currently renting.

I would like to include that they tracked absolutely nothing, not just characters.

photo

Update:

I found that searchlights seem to be only broken for static grids. I placed one on a small grid ship, and that searchlight was tracking it's target just fine. I then placed one on a large grid ship that was stationary (not static), and that too, worked fine with tracking.

I really hope this post isn't brushed under the rug like the other one about the same issue. There's most certainly a glitch present.

photo

I can confirm this.

Searchlights on a Static Grid don't work, searchlights on a Small Grid that is Connector-locked to a Static Grid don't work, but as soon as said Small Grid is unlocked from the Static Grid they start working.

photo

Except, now that I have reconnected my Small Grid to my Static Grid the searchlight still works. Weird.

photo
photo

Hello, Engineers!

We're happy to inform you that the upcoming "203" update contains a fix for the bug you have reported. Thank you for taking your time to inform us about this issue and making Space Engineers better.

If you are still experiencing the bug on the new version, please let us know by commenting here or opening a new thread.

We are closing this thread as "Solved".

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

This is still occurring (searchlight is set to target everything and anything, and have idle movement. it just points forward without moving).

e739797b7b665314668915626c6391a5

Doesn't matter if it's small grid or a static grid. Searchlight will not target anything. Reloaded world multiple times, tried with scripts both on and off. It just doesn't seem to want to work on dedicated server.

90a8feeebf355d3ddd386976fa881407

Leave a Comment

Attach a file