This object is in archive! 

Failure to disconnect from connector

Gavin Calder shared this bug 19 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi, I've experienced serveral instances of a bug holding a small-grid ship to a static large grid after parking was removed and thrusters powered on.

Trying to force a disconnect has caused catastrophic damage to the small grid, and nothing seems to be able to force a disconnect (that I can tell).

Is there any known fix to this?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Gavin!

Thank you for writing to us.

Could you kindly share additional information?

Are you not able to change the "Locked" state of the ship's connector to the "Unlocked" state with the static grid's connector?

Are you experiencing this issue in Single Player mode, in the Lobby game, or on any Dedicated Server?

Is it happening to this particular ship and static grid/station or with all?

Are there any MODs active in the world? If so, you might be experiencing this issue because of MODs. Could you check if this issue persists in a vanilla (no active MODs) world too?

If you still experience the issue, kindly send us a screen/recording video showing the issue at your end, your world save, and a log file when experiencing this issue.

• You can access your world save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.
  • Please zip the files and attach them here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello Keen!

Thanks for getting back to me in such a timely manner!

Please find attached a zip file containing video footage of the issue, a screecap of the mods involved, and a copy of the world save file.

To answer your questions:

- I was able to change the lock status on both connectors to "unlocked", this has had no effet, the ship was still docked. This is one thing visible in the capture.

- The World is an offline, single player environment.

- This issue seems to be ocurring with all ships with an undercarriage connector. The ships with which this has occurred are the purchasable TT-15 Freighter and the Cursor. For what it's worth: the TT-15 has had its cargo hold changed twice, large atmo thrusters changed, and its landing gear removed due to damage to the landing pad issues on takeoff and landing.

- Whilst not a very good pilot, the damage to the landing pad has been due to proximity with the thrusters.

- This problem does not occur on vertical axis connectors.

I hope this hope shed some light on the issue, I'd be happy to provide more info.

Best,

Gavin.

PS. I don't think the file uploaded correctly, so here's a Google Drive link

photo

Hello, Gavin,

thank you for writing to us back.

However, the link seems to be wrong (you can try yourself). It is taking me actually just back here to your comment. Can you please upload it once more, so we can test it properly?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello Engineer,

As there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!