This object is in archive! 

Game settings break with external harddrive aswell as world corruptions on load of the game.

FatalError420 shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi, I'm using a external HDD, and it seems that every time i turn off my laptop, space engineers (and only space engineers mind you, its not a problem with the disk) will randomly reset the config, and not only this, but modded worlds seem to become corrupted.

This happens every time i fully shut off my laptop.

Mind you, this is also happening when I close the game *first*. I have no idea why this is happening, but I imagine that it's a problem with the HDD, it could be an issue with windows reassigning the port when it turns on, and maybe Space engineers expecting a different path for that? I don't know.

Thanks.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue.

Could you kindly share additional information concerning this issue?

Have you moved Space Engineers from Steam (via Steam Settings or any 3rd part app) to the HDD drive, or is it installed on HDD by default?

Does only the modded worlds get corrupted, or do vanilla (no active MODs) worlds too?

Is there any Plugin active on your game? If so, kindly disable it and check if that resolves the issue.

If the issue persists, as a workaround, could you check if Read-only hasn't been marked on your HDD properties and Verify the Game Files Integrity of Space Engineers on Steam? Kindly check if any of the workarounds resolves the issue.

If you still experience the issue, kindly send us the .CFG files (before & after PC restart), the world save (preferably vanilla world if the world corrupt issue occurs on it, else the modded world), and the log files when experiencing world corruption issue.

• You can access your world save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Please zip the files and attach them here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!