Can't mine meteor craters

Peter Bestajovsky shared this bug 20 months ago
Reported

Hello,

I cannot mine meteor craters with the mining ship or by hand. I can mine elsewhere, just not the meteor crater. I'm on the Earth like planet. Also, the ore that's supposed to be there is still floating in mid air. So I've got an ore ping (via the ore detector) that's just floating in empty space. If I refill the area with creative mode voxel hands, the ore ping disappears. I am able to mine the manually filled voxels, so I think this might be something specific to the voxels created by the meteor impact. I'm not entirely sure where the save files are stored so I haven't uploaded a save game. Happy to upload file if you could tell me where to look.

Thanks,

Peter

Replies (3)

photo

After playing some more I noticed something interesting: not all of the meteors are not minable. My base is on a slight hill and two meteor showers struck really close to the base, one of them up hill and one of them down hill. All of the downhill ones are minable and all of the uphill ones are not. Perhaps it is related to altitude, but I think it is more likely that the game has various "meteor events" that are programmed into it and I think one of them may be flawed in regards to the voxels it creates. This is why the bug may be hard to reproduce.

photo

Hello, Peter Bestajovsky,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce it. Could you share further information with us?

Sharing your save file would be very helpful to me.

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi Keen Software House,

I've attached the compressed save file using the 7 Zip compression format.

As stated above, the meteors slightly uphill of the base are not minable and were all created via the same meteor event. The ones downhill from the base seem to be minable and were created in a different meteor event.

Thanks,

Peter

photo
photo

Hello, Peter,

thank you for the save. I was able to reproduce the bug and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Leave a Comment

Attach a file