This object is in archive! 

FATAL error with Torch Server

Alex Lukens shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

Below is the error from thee torch log. Whenever I start up the server I get this same error before the application closes out and restarts. If anyone knows where I can go with this, any info is greatly appreciated.

08:43:51.5076 [FATAL] Initializer: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean Steamworks.GameServer.Init(UInt32, UInt16, UInt16, UInt16, Steamworks.EServerMode, System.String)'.

at VRage.Steam.MySteamGameServer.Start(IPEndPoint serverEndpoint, UInt16 steamPort, String versionString)

at Patched_Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyDedicatedServerBaseInitialize_0(Object , IPEndPoint )

at Patched_Sandbox.MySandboxGame.ctor_0(Object windowHandle, String[] , IntPtr )

at SpaceEngineers.Game.SpaceEngineersGame..ctor(String[] commandlineArgs)

at Torch.VRageGame.DoStart() in C:\ProgramData\Jenkins\.jenkins\workspace\Torch_master\Torch\VRageGame.cs:line 307

at Torch.VRageGame.Run() in C:\ProgramData\Jenkins\.jenkins\workspace\Torch_master\Torch\VRageGame.cs:line 123

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean Steamworks.GameServer.Init(UInt32, UInt16, UInt16, UInt16, Steamworks.EServerMode, System.String)'.

at VRage.Steam.MySteamGameServer.Start(IPEndPoint serverEndpoint, UInt16 steamPort, String versionString)

at Patched_Sandbox.Engine.Multiplayer.MyDedicatedServerBaseInitialize_0(Object , IPEndPoint )

at Patched_Sandbox.MySandboxGame.ctor_0(Object windowHandle, String[] , IntPtr )

at SpaceEngineers.Game.SpaceEngineersGame..ctor(String[] commandlineArgs)

at Torch.VRageGame.DoStart() in C:\ProgramData\Jenkins\.jenkins\workspace\Torch_master\Torch\VRageGame.cs:line 307

at Torch.VRageGame.Run() in C:\ProgramData\Jenkins\.jenkins\workspace\Torch_master\Torch\VRageGame.cs:line 123

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Alex,

thanks for reaching our side with your issue.

Can you please provide more information?

Did you try to contact Torch support directly?

Is this the only server that you are experiencing issues with?

If you start different server, it will start normally and you are able to spawn there?

Can you try the same without the Torch, please? Try to load the same server in our native dedicated server app that you can find in Steam.

Are you using any mods there? If yes, is the issue persistent when you do not load the mods?

I would also need full server log file, not only the screenshot of the console.

Normally you can access the log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

Not sure where they might be locate when using Torch, though.

Any additional information that you can share with me would help as well.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!