This object is in archive! 

Dedicated Server Running But not accesable

Thomas Hansen shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

I have just downloaded steamCMD from scratch and installed Space Engineers Dedicated Server

At first i got many error but i fixed this by moving some of my files from my game to the server as some sources said i should and then it worked with no errors. Ofc these error was because of mods so i had to copy the files over

i launched the server and every thing is going great, it said game ready. but when i go over to my pc and try to join the server, i get no response either from connecting publicly or locally i have opened the original port thorugh port forwarding 27016, ive changed it to 27021 to test but just switching the port isnt working and i cant seem to see the problem, the log files dont show any signs of errors.

Also i tried to launch it on another server with 2 Intel Xeon Cpus, and the same error here

13d57382c29bcf2d3cd5127b34a41012

8afd5dad96c7840314c1e2b417a7d444

Cheers Thomas:)

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Thomas!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

It's quite possible you might have moved critical files while setting up your server initially, the reason why you are experiencing this issue. Kindly reinstall the Dedicated Server manager, and make sure no VPN is active. Start Dedicated Server manager again, and follow these steps (see attached image for reference) ;

1. Select Local/Console from the list of servers
  2. Start the server (see attached images).
  3. Login to Steam
  4. Start a new game (make sure no MODs are active).
  5. The networking type should be Steam
  6. Save & Start

Try joining this server. If you still can't join this new dedicated server, kindly send us the latest log file.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineersDedicated.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thanks alot for your reply:)

I did try this, on my other Server, but because u recomended it i gave it another shot.

and it WORKED! dont know the error though, it might be because of some file permission of some sort because its not working on the other serber, but its okay. this server can handle the game fine, Thanks alot for your help!

i appreciate it alot!!

after i tried your solution i added mods, and it all went fine and is working!!!

Cheers Thomas:)

photo

Hello, Thomas!

Thanks for the update.

We are glad to hear that you are no longer experiencing this issue.

As there is no further assistance needed from our side, we are closing this thread.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you happen to experience or observe any other issues.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!