This object is in archive! 

Fix roll being a hardcoded low sensitivity (add sensitivity sliders?)

FatalError420 shared this feedback 13 months ago
Not Enough Votes

I don't think I've ever had a ship that didn't have too low of a roll speed. This problem is consistent across the board for me, and frankly I don't think it makes sense as a feature for roll sensitivity to be lower, ships that have fine rotation otherwise will be impossible to rotate on Z and thus absolutely useless without more gyroscopes which make rotation speed for the rest of the craft far too fast.

The solution is pretty simple to implement, just add sliders to control the Pitch Yaw and Roll sensitivity of the ship in a Cockpit or the Info panel.

These of course having a value of 0-100% where 100% is the full strength of the gyro. It'd be also nice if there was a response curve control, but that's beyond the scope of the issue.

The alternative solution is to just not hardcode roll sensitivity, or make it adjustable in the settings somehow.

Please, Keen, you have no idea how much this bothers me.

Replies (2)

photo

If I had known that roll had been artificially hamstrung, I'd have opened a ticket for this AGES ago!

photo

To clarify, I'm suggesting that there be a slider for each axis of rotation if that was not clear for some people.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file