This object is in archive! 

got mega clanged in multiplayer [1.202.048 atomatons-beta]

tommelom10 shared this bug 14 months ago
Won't Fix

this is the second time this has happened.

last time this happened all sub-grids got detached and telleported a few hundred meters in a random direction.

the server is lightly modded but its mostly HUD mods.

server IP: 51.77.97.24:29016

I took this screenshot right after the mega Clang. there was a really loud noise for a millisecond then complete silence + a black screen. also the Thread CPU Load and Server simulation CPU Load was both jumping between 200% and 700%.

b195bca9613e8ffe3d0455dcfab9f2d7

I re-logged to see the damage but the Clang was not over so i started recording, and I was able to record this before the server died and performed a roll-back

https://youtu.be/ILfoYPYtZGc

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, tommelom10,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. You said you are using mods, could you please try playing without them and see if the clang happens again?

You can also try speaking to your admins on the server. Perhaps they could help you as well. Please, let me know if the bug persists even after these steps.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

update on this issue: it just happened again in a completely vanila server this time (game version 1.201.014).

it wasn't exactly the same tho. i didn't get the loud sound followed by silence and a black screen this time.

there were some noteworthy events:

1. it happened during a server world save.

2. some ships that were connected with connectors were moved 5-50 meters away from their docked connector, yet their connectors were still connected.

this did cause an explosion in my rover bay due to the connected connector there was on a piston

other notes:

all my ships were all docked to a large grid ship

1 large grid rover

1 small grid rover (in rover bay)

and 3 small grid ships

main ship was stationary untill clang struck, sending my ship flying in a random direction.

photo

Hello, tommelom10,

thank you for updating us. Can you please share some steps to reproduce the clang and blueprints you were using when the clang happened? It would really help me out. If you could also record a video, that would be great.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello Engineer,

as there has been no reply to this thread in some time, we will close it. If you're experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!