This object is in archive! 

AI and thrust override issues

Darryl Weeks shared this bug 14 months ago
Solved

it seems when i enclose the drones in a hangar and save the blueprint, once pasted the thrust overrides do not work.

the drone pod is the small one

the drone outpost is made by building around the drone pod. you can test the drone pod by using the button panels on top.

the drone outpost is set up to where when the solar panels take damage, it opens the hangar and activates a timer block on the drone that activates the thrust override for a few seconds so the drone can clear the hangar. as of right now, it doesnt work. you can see from the drone pod that it worked until i built around it with the drone outpost.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Darryl Weeks,

I played in the save you sent and you were right, the drones in the hangar did not fly up. I did a couple of tests and investigated where the problem could be. It seemed the thrusters did turn on but your settings were to search for an enemy not waypoints. AI drones work differently from normal drones (they need somewhere to go or attack when I explain it simply). So I placed an enemy in front of them and did some damage to the solar panels. Drones took off and attacked the enemy. I am not sure if this is the only problem you are trying to solve. If not then please let me know what else I can help you out with.

Here is a video from your save after adding an enemy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zucD4Do15ZkzbCRvSREzgnnaPAgBZHJZ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for letting me know if your problem is solved.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I appreciate your response. However in the video you saw them wait a few seconds before attacking. The delay is so the thruster can have them clear the hanger before they attack a target so they don't crash into eachother or the walls of the hangar. I understand that the have to have a target to fly towards but unfortunately thats not the issue. My issue is strictly the fact that the thrust override is not working when enclosed in a hangar.

photo

I see what you mean now. I am sorry for not understanding the first time. I have now successfully reproduced the issue and I reported it internally.

Thank you for your cooperation and report.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Darryl,

I'm happy to announce that this issue is already fixed on our side and the fix will be introduced in the next major release.

However, it might still be present in old saves that are saved with this issue already present. After turning the AI blocks On and Off again, save and load it, it working as expected.

Will mark this one as solved now.

Thank you again for taking part in the beta.

Kind Regards

photo

Thanks!

Replies have been locked on this page!