This object is in archive! 

[Automatons Beta] frequent CTD when welding small grid AI enabled missiles on a small grid ship

Stuart Alleyne shared this bug 14 months ago
Solved

Standard components for a small missile All vanilla. including 1 merge block, 2 small conectors,1 target, 1 move, and 1 controller. While small grid projector is active on the small ship, fly close to any projector to weld. CTD 8 out of 10 times. Specifically happens with a piloted small ship.

Does not happen when welding small grid missiles on a large grid with small block sub grids (for said missiles)

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Stuart,

thank you for letting us know about this issue.

However, it seems that I'm not able to reproduce it.

Can you please share me more information?

It would be best if you can provide me affected blueprint/save, so I can try it with your exact design with exact settings, in the same environment.

For saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

It would be also good when you experience the crash, to share a log file from the game session where the crash occurred. To do so, please access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers. Send me the log from game that crashed for you when trying.

Thanks.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Ok here is everything packed up. Disclaimer......... lol please pay no mind to the aesthetics of three particular ships. I'm doing my own thing here. XD

Some instructions:

There is a camo patterned fighter at the end of the platform next to a group of welders for welding the missiles. This is the ship to test with. There is also a small craft with mobile welders near by.

1)Hop in the camo fighter, press 8 and 9 (left and right respectively) to turn on the projectors and merge blocks.

2)Weld one missile and be sure to toggle each projector and merge block ( 8 and 9) OFF before welding the second missile. This is because more than one ai block on a grid WILL destroy any previous AI blocks and render them permanently dead.

3) press 5 and 6 to arm the missiles. this switches the connectors to the ones the event controllers are testing for.

4) press 3 and 4 to fire. either they will both launch and track or one will track while the other drifts, cause the ai blocks are perm dead anyway.

In my game. The first two missiles weld up. The second round will 100% CTD when attempting to weld. this is currently done in creative mode.

Also.. for reference there is a large grid missile platform parked off to the side ( I have no BP for it) you can build and launch from the standing cockpit. The CTD doesn't happen to it but you must still build each missile one by one to ensure ai blocks don't get perm bricked. I also have a the two missile types rezzed in world for investigating. The big missile is on the ship. The fighter missile is back by the platform wall.

Thanks and best. See attached.

photo

Hello, Stuart,

thanks a lot for providing the files and steps.

Issue was indeed successfully reproduced and reported into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Stuart!

I'm happy to announce that this issue is fixed on our side and the fix will be introduced in the next release update.

Thank you for taking part in the beta testing.

Will mark this one as Solved now.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!