This object is in archive! 

major bug with automatons Beta

Matthew Lamken shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

so, the ability to change the color of blocks is broken, even changing the hot key doesnt work.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Matthew Lamken,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I tried to reproduce the bug but it worked for me on both Single player and on Dedicated server. Can you share more information with me, please?

Where are you experiencing this bug? Is it in Single player or Dedicated server? Are you using any mods which could potentially break the Paint mode?

It would be helpful if you could share your save with me.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also sharing a video would be helpful to me. Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

brand new game created, star system with default settings, survival mode, moon landing, got out right away and tried to recolor the cockpit of the default lander, will not change to any color, even custom colors. tells me i need a steel plate to make a block, when i do try with a steel plate, it just makes the basic block.....

photo

Hello, Matthew,

thank you for your save. I played in it for a while but I can recolor the cockpit and even the rest of the lander. I am attaching a video from my play test.

Could it be possible that your controls are changed? The default one is middle mouse button (when holding a block with which you can choose a color).

You can also record a video if your issue persists and I can try to analyze it.

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!