This object is in archive! 

Crash when deleting a grid in Automatons beta

naah shared this bug 14 months ago
Solved

The game crashes often when deleting a grid. Either with ctrl + del or with the admin menu. However the crash is never consistent, as sometimes the game can crash multiple times in a row or never crash when playing for hours. I have tested it with no mods and with mods with the same inconsistent crashes.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, naah,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue. I tried to reproduce the crash but nothing happened on both Single player and on Dedicated server. Can you share more information with me, please?

Where are you experiencing this bug? Is it in Single player or Dedicated server? Do you remember which blocks you deleted or how many did you delete at the same time. Some steps to reproduce would be very helpful.

Can you also share a log with me from when you encountered the crash?

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you very much in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

It often crashes in singleplayer or with friends. I do not play on a dedicated server. The game generally crashes when I use one or more active AI Blocks from the Automaton Beta and on grids with around 800+

However I can't reproduce the steps as it crashes once in a while after deleting a grid.

photo

Hello naah,

thank you for the log. I was able to find the crash in them but unfortunately I cannot reproduce the crash. You wrote that you are using a save with over 800 grids, so it would be helpful if you could provide me with your save.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

photo

Sorry for not clarifying. I was using grids with over 800+ blocks.

photo

Thank you so much for the logs and the save. The save really helped with reproducing the crash and I reported it into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, naah!

I'm happy to announce that this issue is fixed on our side and the fix will be introduced in the next release update.

Thank you for taking part in the beta testing.

Will mark this one as Solved now.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!