This object is in archive! 

[Automatons Beta] Event block needs more precise number feedback on piston positioning

Kenneth Opdahl shared this bug 14 months ago
Solved

Setting:

Block: Piston 1

Event controller 1 Extension: Equals or greater than (100%)

Event controller 2 Retraction: Equals or lower than (0%)

Issue:

Event controller 1 Extension does not trigger event

Event controller 2 Retraction triggers event.

Event controller 1 Extension GUI, reports Piston @ 100% extension.

thirty minutes of troubleshooting, turns out the Event controller 1 Extension lies, the piston is apparently (Maybe a collision?) only extended to 99,999XXXX% and trigger cannot occur.

Workaround: adjust setting to 99.9 instead of 100%

Proposed solution:

The event block needs to give the exact values in the GUI, as 99,9999 is NOT 100% or there needs to be margin of error.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello, Kenneth,

thank you for letting us know about this issue.

However, from your description, I find it hard to reproduce it. Can you please share me more information?

It would be great if you can share me blueprint or save with affected grid already in it. Also if you can share me a video of what you are trying to do and how exactly (Event controller settings/conditions and such) would help.

For saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Heres a link to the blueprint and a video showing off the problem.

- https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2939699315

- https://youtu.be/iPXDihUchAQ

As far as i can tell, theres some anomalies with the pistons min/max limit.

When tested the % reading seems to be based on the pistons travel with min max settings accounted for. But in the case here the piston in question is set to 9.84 max limit, The event controller is reading this as 100% when fully extended. but the event wont trigger until the controller is dialed it back to 99%

Worth mentioning, i have both buildvision and buildinfo mod in turned on in my world,

photo

the blueprint recreates the issue in a fully non modded vanilla world, so there doesnt seem to be a mod issue

photo

Hello, Kenneth,

thank you for sending me the files.

I did manage to reproduce the issue successfully and put it into our internal system.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Kenneth!

I'm happy to announce that this issue is fixed on our side and the fix will be introduced in the next release update.

Thank you for taking part in the beta testing.

Will mark this one as Solved now.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!