This object is in archive! 

Game not properly loading ALL game assets during save loading process

Skye Mors shared this bug 14 months ago
Won't Fix

This results in various issues that SEEM to be all different, and APPEAR to the user to either be a mod issue or a graphical bug here or there- but it's actually just Space Engineers not having finished loading ALL the game assets (including workshop items) at the time of request.

As this sounds vague, I'll list a few (modded and vanilla) examples.

First, players may notice that when placing a block (for example, a Basic Assembler) that it only shows the Placement outline, but not the Hologram of the block itself- and that when placed, the Build Progress block (wireframe?) doesn't even render- only for it to show up a minute later as if nothing happened, and that specific block then loads and every instance of it performs perfectly fine.

Second, a modded example. When loading a world with a Music Addition mod of any kind, and the added song(s) are queued up on the Jukebox, most of them will fail to load or play anything at all. If the song is re-requested after a period of time, it MAY play perfectly fine, or still not play, and require another song to play fine first before the song can be re-requested. (Using the example of a modded song being added because of the relatively large filesize per song, meaning it's more obvious if the asset has been loaded yet or not.)

Note that in both examples, it self-resolves eventually (the latter example self resolving roughly 75% of the time, otherwise requiring a save reload).

I BELIEVE this is due to the game only loading the assets currently in the world, not ALL of the game assets including Workshop items. If you guys could test different asset loading methods or a way to make sure ALL registered game assets are loaded during the loading process, I can only assume that these and similar bugs will go away.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Skye Mors,

thank you for writing to us. I tried to reproduce your issue but I had no success. Can you please share your log, save and if you can a video of the bug?

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Please share all of your logs and saves without mods so I can identify the problem. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!