This object is in archive! 

[Automatons Beta] Several Small Grid Armor Block Skins not Coloring

jglenn1562 shared this bug 14 months ago
Won't Fix

Hello,

I have found that the following skins for small grid armor blocks that are not colorable:

None/Default Skin, Carbon Fiber, Clean, CowMooFlage, Digital Camouflage, and SciFi armor.

Do note that I have the color red, with all values maxed out for each of the blocks in the screenshots below.

ff20abebcc946fb12d82e82f0f75e492

b13f0c2f65be001180f8d162c74a541e

3c4799c7b87391abc2d513e8fe55f8a0

adf280b98d5e2bed855d5ae3a1a33618

8998a2495fe6f58d3f64ac63419855b0

b85c00fc0992ccfc66cb6b02eb7e6e54

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, jglenn1562,

I tried to reproduce the issue but unfortunately I was not capable of reproducing the bug you encountered. However I noticed you are using mods in your save which could have broken the paint mode after the update. Could you share more information with me, please?

It would be helpful if you could share your save without mods with me.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Also a video or steps to reproduce would be helpful to me. Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello,

As much as it pains me to bear this news, I deleted the save via Space Engineer's interface. I just checked the recycle bin, and the save appears to not be present there either. If there's a way I can locate and recover the save file, please let me know. There were only 3 mods that I used, in which I perceived to be inconsequential to vanilla gameplay. The mods utilized are:

Text HUD API

BuildInfo (extra block+terminal info, air leak finder)

Build Vision 3.0

photo

Hello,

if you deleted the save and it is not in the recycle bin then there is no way we could recover it. However you can try the exact scenario (if you remember what you did before) in vanilla world. If the bug happens again, then please share the save with me.

Please keep in mind that we do not and can not support mods as there are hundreds and probably thousands of them out there. It's the mod creator/owner responsibility to make sure their mods are working fine with the current game version. Same goes with scripts and plugins.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!