This object is in archive! 

Automaton Beta: Toggle in Event controller is wrong

Anders shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi,

Using a group of sorters: 2 are On, 1 is Off.

Adding them to a general Sorter group. Add a Toggle On/off of the group to hotbar.

Use Hotbar command to toggle the group. Resluts: 2 are Off, 1 is On.

Back and forth: 2 are On, 1 is Off.

Toggle again: 2 are Off, 1 is On.

Use Event Controller Setup Action, Slot 1, Triggered on Connector Connected. Both connectors are in Added blocks section. Only Action Slot 1 is used, no AND gate.

The Toggle Sorter group is added to the event of "Connector.Connected" and Action Slot 1 is used.

Connecting to the connector gives that Sorters are all set to OFF or ON depending of the state of the toggle.

This is not correct. Toggle the the member state in the group. Otherwise Turn Off or Turn On can be used.

Best Regards,

Anders

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Anders,

thank you for writing to us. I tried to replicate your issues but I got a different behavior. Could you please send me your save or blueprint so I could test it out there?

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Recording a video would be also very helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi!

** I CANNOT REPRODUCE IT ANYMORE. **

But I will send you the info anyway so here's the save:

I only use Build Vision and Colorful Items Mods in this save.

The action the ship is performing is Loading from the connector nearest the player and unload at the other connector in the distant. All action is stopped/started with '7' in the hotbar. If the connectors are no in the correct phase for loading then '4' on the hotbar is toggling the group.

When you open it, the ship is returning to the LOAD station. The one in the distance is the UNLOAD station.

To be able to fill up and empty the container I'm using the sorters that you can see on the connector on the ship.

The sorters are grouped in "Sorters" group. And at the start The big sorter is On, and the small ones are Off.

The Event Controller 2 is in this save using the Timer Block at the bottom to Toggle the Sorter Group.

I expected that the Event Controller could do the Toggle of the Sorters group in Action Slot 1. What happened was that the sorters became synked, All Off or All On. I worked a bit with it but then used a timer block instead, Then I submitted this ticket.

I reinstalled Automaton today 24/2 to do this.

But when removing the timer block from Event Controller 2 Action Slot 1 and replace it with Sorters group it is behaving correctly now.

Sorry for the time you've put into this.

Best Regards,

Anders

photo

Hi Anders,

happy to hear that the issue is no longer happening on your side. Please keep an eye on it and if this issue would start to happen again, please record a video of it, where all the settings would be visible. Perhaps another save as well could help out.

However just so that we are clear where the issue is. I loaded your save, the big sorters were ON and small sorters OFF. After docking the small sorters turned ON and after undocking the small ones turned OFF again while big sorters remained ON. Is this is what you expected them to do? If not can you please explain what you would like them to do?

Unfortunately all the saves get their hot bars cleared right now so it is bit harder for me to understand your issue. Thank you for understanding.

I would also like to let you know that we cannot help out with mods. Any breaking of them or the game is out of our reach.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

photo

Hi,

Yes. I can confirm now that once the setup up is correct it is working. There is one AI recorder going one direction and another AI Recorder for the other direction. Depending on fill state on the container of the ship it's switching between the two Recorders (Third AI Recorder is not used). The AI Flight must be On, and the sorters need to be set so the big one (Loading) must be On when at the Load station, and the other two sorters (unloading) should be on at Unload station. Event Controller 1 is turning on/off thrusters when docking/undocking, Event Controller 2 toggles Sorters when docking at Load station. Event Controller 3 toggles Sorter group at Unload station.

Once everything is correct the ship can go on forever as long as you put ore in the 'Load' station.

And in this save it's working with Action toggling Sorters-group instead of the Timer Block. So.. It is working.

Once you start this save, and watch only, it should just come and dock, load, undock, go to unload station.. back and forth a few times. Which means it's working with Sorter group Toggle from the Event Controller.

So, still I have not managed to reproduce the error again. But I will keep an eye on it.

photo

Hello, Engineer!

There is no new comment from you and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own. Adding the fact that even you could not reproduce this issue, and the beta has already ended, I will close this thread now as outdated.

Please wait for the full release of the updated and if you will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!