This object is in archive! 

[Automatons Beta] Drones have a bad (inefficient/not precise) flight profile

emil4rn3ga shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

While using Recorder (Task) the drones fly (drift) at the orientation of the next waypoint instead of facing the direction of flight. An other issue contributing to this topic is that the thrusters are used in pulses [accelerating to over speed -> breaking to under speed -> accelerating to over speed and so on (and that on all axis)]. Because of those issues the drone is using much more power and has a bad flight profile (trouble following the line and even missing waypoints).

Link to video of the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Uj8yehxbl7aCcLopyxgnyRTsBFua2jb/view?usp=drivesdk

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, emil4rn3ga,

thank you for reporting to us and thank you for the video. It helped me to reproduce one of the issues. But I could not reproduce the acceleration bug. Could you please share more info with me? Are you in single player or dedicated server? Also sharing your save with me would be a great help.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

I was testing out the beta in single player.

The world file is attached below, and if there are any more questions please feel free to ask.

photo

Thank you for the save, I was able to reproduce the issue and I reported it internally.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, emil4rn3ga!

I'm happy to announce that this issue is fixed on our side and the fix will be introduced in the next release update.

Thank you for taking part in the beta testing.

Will mark this one as Solved now.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!