This object is in archive! 

[Automaton Beta] Min. altitude in AI Flight is "0" if AI Recorder is active

Kira shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

When using an AI Recorder, the AI Flight module sets the minimum altitude to 0 and keeps it at 0 no matter what I try.

This resulted in many destroyed drones as they ignored the terrain after separating from my rover to deliver cargo back to my base which was behind a small hill (no direct line of sight to waypoint 0).

I think I know the reason for this, but it would be nice if the recorder only changed the minimum altitude after reaching the first waypoint so that the drone can safely fly to the first waypoint without destroying itself on the terrain.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, Kira!

Thank you for writing to us.

Kindly send us the world save where you're experiencing this issue and a screen recording/video showing the issue at your end.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, the save file where this error occurred to me is no longer available, so I tried to replicate it in a new game.

So far the terrain collision is no longer an issue, I can only speculate that something was broken in that old savefile which caused the collision issue.

On the other hand, I can still replicate the problem with the minimum altitude setting. So once the recorder is active, the minimum altitude slider is all the way to the left and when I use CTRL + left mouse button the value shows as 0.0 instead of the value that was previously set. Also, the altitude I set is ignored, which wasn't that problematic in this current test.

I uploaded the zip file containing the world safe and a video showing the problem from my side https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1--m8TzGvHrPVAzW3DKoHrwykSCEcMetS?usp=sharing

I hope I was able to help you with this little information. If there's anything else I can do, please tell me :)

Best regards

Kira

photo

Hello, Kira!

Thank you for providing us with further information.

We are glad to know that you're not experiencing the terrain collision issue anymore.

Concerning the "Min. altitude", we are aware of this issue, and it will get fixed in the next version.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!