This object is in archive! 

Game freezes after 10 minutes In world or in main menu ~Issue somehow resolved~

Drakoflame shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

Curret Version: 1.201

Nvidia Driver Version: 528.49-notebook-win10-64bit

Without fail, modded, unmodded, literally just opening the game and letting it sit in the main menu for a few minutes, or in the middle of flying a ship in multiplayer, the game will freeze. Deadlock. Unplayable unresponsive unchanging. Sounds (that loop) will continue to play, Animations (that loop) continue to play, but the game itself nolonger accepts input. Left Click, Right click Keyboard, Alt+F4 doesn't even work.

It's utterly unbearable and makes the game useless. I've tried every fix there is that people reporting THIS. EXACT. SAME. ISSUE. have done. I have deleted my Shader Cache, I've installed the Mod SDK and coppied the Vrage.library.dll and overwrote the default SE one. I've uninstalled Space Engineers, I've validated the files with Steam. I've updated and rolled back my drivers to new and older versions. I've restarted my computer and clicked play as the very first thing I do once steam itself has loaded, and still, the game freezes after about 10-15 minutes.

The only thing that I've (just recently) noticed, is with the main menu, after the game completely sh**s the bed, the background video stops playing. The music also stops playing, but only after the current video and song have stopped. No new videos and no new music play. For whatever reason, after this seemingly arbitrary amount of time, Space Engineers decides that it will nolonger read or write from my harddrive.

I only have Windows Defender installed (years of having shitty free anitvirus clogging my system with gigs of memory leaks or hammering my CPU while idling with nothing open have driven me to this point). If there's some issue with WD locking up SE, tell me the fix. If there's some other issue going on, then please, for the love of god tell me what files you need and I'll give you all of them. I want this issue fixed. I want to play this game. I have over 1000 hours invested into this game since 2013, and only now in 2023 has this ever become an issue for me.

The sooner I know what logs and where I can find them, the sooner I can send them to get some help, and hopefully fix this damn issue once and for all, or at the very least help the next person searching for this very common, and very specific issue, fix or cope with this problem.

Edit: I did something, and the issue seems to have resolved. I have no idea, I wish I knew what happened so I could help others, but for some unknown reason the issue seems to have magically disappeared like it never happened. If a mod could still inform me where/what files are needed if the issue ever pops up again so that I can make a report when it does happen, please still let me know, otherwise the issue appears to have resolved itself... I hope....

Replies (3)

photo

Hello, Drakoflame,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue but I am glad you managed to resolve it. However you can still share your log with me which could hopefully help us in the future if anyone else encounters this problem.

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Thank you for your cooperation and I hope you still enjoy playing Space Engineers.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

There were multiple logs for the 19th when I posted the issue, If this one doesn't reveal a crash let me know and I can share the other one for the 19th (not the DX11 ones, they were seperate .LOG's)

My only guess that I have for what changed, was one of the plugins that I was using was causing the issue. If the offender is more obvious to someone who knows what they're looking at when they look at the log, please let me know, and I can attempt to log an issue with them instead

photo

Hello, Drakoflame,

thank you for the log. It seems the plugins you are using could be causing the freezing issue. Can you try it again without them and let me know if you encounter the issue again? If so, then please send me the new log.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

photo

I figured it was some of the plugins, and, as I said, in the title update, it's been resolved after removing some of them, which ones it was I don't know, which is why I was asking if you could identify which one might have caused it, so I could report it to them. Otherwise this issue is resolved and can be marked as such

photo

Unfortunately I cannot help you with that because we do not support plugins and mods. Your only option is to disable one by one and see which one could be causing the issue.

As there is nothing I could help with I am closing this thread. If you encounter any other bug, please do not hesitate to report it.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,

Replies have been locked on this page!