This object is in archive! 

Automatons AI Path recorder

Jesper shared this bug 15 months ago
Won't Fix

I made a small grid cargo drone with AI Flight and AI Recorder, I tested the drone on a planet, and used the applicable settings, eg. align to p-gravity, I did not add a top facing thruster, since it doesn't make sense to do so for a planetary drone (I also tested with that thruster and the issue persisted). I recorded a path by adding 4 waypoints, at connector 1, above it, above connector 2, and finally at connector 2.

Issues I noticed:

• Drone did not follow angle settings for p-gravity flight, I set the angles to 30 and saw it point it's forward side almost vertically.
  • It was getting stuck trying to reach a waypoint, sort of getting close and 'staring' at it, moving a bit, displaying: Type: AI Flight (Move)
    {Color=#FFFF0000}ERROR: Grid cannot move in one or more directions, please ensure a thruster is available for each direction!{/Color}
  • Reversing waypoint order doesn't seem to do anything.

Switching precision mode off changed it's behavior related to getting stuck (but we need to that so it could dock), maybe minimal attitude and collision avoidance were also causing issues? Or maybe I did something wrong and don't know it, but that goes into insufficient feedback by AI blocks.

I hope this little report might help you with something.

PS. getting the feedback form every time when quitting, even though you can't submit it again, is annoying.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Jesper,

thank you for reporting to us. I was trying to reproduce your issue but without success. My drone followed the waypoints without getting stuck.

One thing which could be causing the issue is the missing thruster. The AI drone needs at least one in each direction ( I placed 2 small ones in each direction and 1 big one for going up). The error message means you need one for going down as well because the AI cannot work with just the Planet´s gravity.

Also please share your save with me with if the issues persist.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!