This object is in archive! 

AI Flight (Move) Precision Mode Bug on alien Planet

1llusionist shared this bug 14 months ago
Solved

While testing some escape pods drones on the alien planet i experienced all but one of my multiple launches ignoring the planet gravity alignment and flying parabolic arcs into the ground instead of flying towards the designated perpendicular gps in the AI Basic (Task).

Turning off the precision mode resulted in a 100% consistent launch sucess.

The planet was placed into an empty world. Terrain heightmap variations seems to be the trigger for the erratic behaviour of the flight block, as my only sucessful fluke launch with precision enabled was over a large flat area that i marked and launched at least 10 more times unsucessfully from.

(Edit): Some flat areas also seem to trigger the behaviour regardless of the precision mode setting if they are surrounded by raised areas around 500m or less. (hills or mountains)

Found the issue, its not a bug, but an user error, i had a different offset gps showing on hud than my destinatiom waypoint setup in the drones which were flying correctly towards it.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello, 1Ilusionist,

I am glad you managed to resolve your issue. Because there is no further assistance needed from our side, I will close this thread.

Happy Engineering!

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

Replies have been locked on this page!