This object is in archive! 

[Automatons Beta] combat AI on large ship refuses to move with collision avoidance turned on

Eligh Collier shared this bug 14 months ago
Solved

Large grid ship with combat AI and basic move AI block targeting identical ship set to pirate faction. Each ship was set to target the other in almost open space with asteroids a couple of kilometers away. Neither ship would move if they had collision avoidance on, regardless of what engagement type the combat ai was set to. Disabling collision avoidance on either ship instantly allowed that ship to move toward the other and successfully get into position without colliding with anything. Both ships had internal subgrids, which I suspect may have been the culprit, but I could not confirm that.

Replies (3)

photo

I had a similar issue with "Follow home", enabling "Wander around" and Precision mode being active. The (though small grid) drone didn't move a single inch until I deactivated precision mode.

photo

Hello, Eligh Collier,

I tried to reproduce the issue but unfortunately I was not capable of reproducing the bug you encountered. Could you share more information with me, please?

It would be helpful if you could share your save with me.

• You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.
  • Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

You can also share blueprints of your ships.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

If you are not able to do any of these things a video or steps to reproduce would be also helpful to me. Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Apologies for the late reply; I was busy during the week. Attached is a video demonstrating my problem, as well as my saved file.

Video- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mni6zp_nBeSTfQQE-VB1ViOQlGwOtpsP/view?usp=sharing

save file- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1od4hN3BaEJjVaESktBVbIb08IOTr1NyW/view?usp=sharing

photo

Hello, Eligh Collier,

that is fine, thank you for the save and video. However I did not get the same result as you did. As soon as I loaded your save the enemy ship started firing at me. The other ship was moving a bit and turning to avoid the attack (not very successful but it did move). I even recorded a video for you so please let me know if your issue still persists.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iZfiST_o5PxVr3B1xYC2QBP-JVYR862M/view?usp=sharing

You can even try to download the save you shared with me and try there, just in case.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Kind regards,

photo

Apologies, it's possible I sent a save from after I turned off collision avoidance. I am unable to check due to the beta period ending, but I would suggest checking that and turning it on if it is currently off for the behavior to appear

photo

Thank you for your response. We have already fixed this bug but since you cannot access beta anymore you cannot check for yourself.

Kind regards,

photo

Sweet, thanks

Replies have been locked on this page!