This object is in archive! 

AI Offensive Combat - Doesn't engage after printing

Gigawatt Studios shared this bug 20 months ago
Solved

I've discovered an extremely repeatable bug where 4-5 missiles are printed as part of the same subgrid and detached via merge blocks. Each missile has its own AI Offensive Combat and AI Flight Move blocks which are turned on by default and with their AI Behavior switched off.

As they are unmerged and launched the Arming Timer block is started which makes the missiles flight-ready and then enables the AI behavior of said blocks a few seconds after launch. If the AI blocks are referenced via groups in the Arming Timer then only one of the missiles will actually enable its AI Behavior.

It is ALWAYS the same missile that enables however the missile does not begin tracking targets in range and just kinda sits there. All the blocks look good in the K menu but despite having all blocks ready and the AI blocks enabled with no red errors the AI Offensive Combat block says "Block Disabled" in its status for no apparent reason. Toggling the engine override, any and all blocks on/off, and enabling/disabling the AI Behavior will not fix this state however if you copy-paste the missile it works perfectly fine and begins tracking targets immediately.

That is how one of the missiles breaks, the rest of them do not even become flight ready. Not only do the AI blocks not enable behavior but the timers all fail to complete any actions beyond the first one. They bug out and simply do not perform their actions, I've tried triggering them manually and starting the timer all to no effect. You can manually ready them and turn on AI Behavior but they do not engage targets unless again you copy-paste them back in.

I've gotten around the missile timers failing by using individual block references in each timer instead of groups. With this change, all timers trigger properly, the missiles are all made flight ready and every AI block is enabled HOWEVER the missiles STILL do not target, and the AI Offensive Combat block displays the same "Block Disabled" message while the AI Flight Move block displays "Idle".

I'm not yet certain if these bugs persist when printing a single missile from a single sub-grid, but I'm seeing them every time when printing multiple on one grid and then detaching them with merge blocks.

I have attached a zip file of my testing world where you can easily duplicate these bugs.

Feel free to reach out if you would like me to demonstrate them or clarify them in any way.

Cheers =)

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Gigawatt Studios,

thank you for reporting to us and thank you for your save.

I noticed you are using a few mods so I deactivated them and I got slightly different result. All of the missiles detached and started flying in a straight line. I checked the waypoint´s location and noticed it is in a different direction. You used only one thruster which is not enough for a drone. You need one thruster in each direction.

Can you please try again without mods and with more thrusters? It is hard for me to determine what might be causing this issue because after copy pasting, the missile still did not work, however you said it worked for you perfectly.

Please let me know if they start working or what result you get this time. Also please try to share the file again with me.

Thank you very much.

Kind regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

Here is a much more simple and clean testing world for you with two testing platforms.

I've removed the mods and tried to neatly organize two separate bugs.

1. The first platform produces a crash.

2. The second produces an inert missile that has it's AI-enabled, six directions of thrust, and all blocks on but simply refuses to attack a target. Copy-pasting this missile should produce working ones.

Good luck!

photo

Thank you for your excellent testing world. I was able to reproduce the bug there and I reported it internally.

If you find anything else, do not hesitate to report it to us. Thank you for your help with the bug.

Happy engineering!

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Gigawatt Studios!

I'm happy to announce that this issue is fixed on our side and the fix will be introduced in the next release update.

Thank you for taking part in the beta testing.

Will mark this one as Solved now.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!