This object is in archive! 

Spawned away from survival kit, having died, despite logging off in cryo

CarlM shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi, I logged back into Steam UK #1 server after having been away for a couple of hours, to find that I had spawned a few hundred meters away from any of my survival kits (which in itself is odd), and with all my character inventory missing like I had died. But the thing is, I was in cryo on my ship for several minutes chatting with faction mates before I logged off, which one would assume would be plenty of time for the server to make note of the fact that I was in cryo before I logged off....and I was getting replies from my faction mates as well, so it wasn't like I had been prematurely disconnected from the server either. This wouldn't be such a big issue, if not for the fact that I had a stack of zone chips, datapads and two elite tools on me at the time. Player name: Basileos

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, engineer!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Could you help us with more information concerning this issue?

Does this issue happen quite often?

Does any other member of your faction experience this same issue?

By any chance, have you experienced this similar issue on any other of Keen's official servers?

Kindly send us a screen recording/video showing the issue at your end and your log files when experiencing this issue.

• You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hi, thank you for replying. It doesn't happen "often", but it has now happened for a second time, a week later. This doesn't occur every time I log in. I have only played on the Steam UK 1 server so don't know about others. There is a screenshot attached of this latest incident which happened a few minutes ago (timestamp of image should give exact information). This is what I wake up to after signing off in cryo.....hundreds of meters away from my ship with my character inventory lost (in the first instance an expensive stack of zone chips was lost). In both cases, the ship hadn't moved (as far as I can tell), and a safe zone was active around it......although the first time it was my ship's safe zone, and this time it's my faction base's. No one else from the faction has complained of a similar thing so far. Version of the software I'm using is 1.201.014

Regrettably, I'm unable to access log files, as I have to play this game on GeForce Now, who won't provide such things when I've requested them in the past.

photo

Hello, engineer!

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the issue on our end.

Could you kindly confirm if you're still experiencing this issue on the said server? Are there any specific scenarios when the issue usually seems to happen, or are there any repro steps you could share following which we can reproduce the issue?

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!