This object is in archive! 

[Windows PC 1.201.014 default] Departing safezone in large ship is causing crashes

Russell Porter shared this bug 20 months ago
Won't Fix

I'm currently playing on NA#11 (IGN: Ubernaut), and over the past couple days, about 1 in 4 times departing a safezone in my large grid ship has caused a server crash and rollback. This has occurred at multiple different orbital NPC stations, but has not happened at a player-owned safezone yet.

This happened twice today, once while I was the only player online, and again later when 6 or 7 players were online. Everyone reported getting kicked off and rolled back that time. I knew I had caused the crash, because I was leaving an NPC safezone at that very moment. Leaving very slowly did not seem to help.

If you wish to investigate, the ship is USX Lazerhawk Mk.VII on NA#11. The ship has a few minor subgrids, a large grid drone on a connector up front, and a small grid rover attached to a mag plate in the vehicle bay. It's sort of big, but I wasn't trying to make anything game-breaking.

Long-time fan of the game, by the way. Thanks for continuing to support this precious gem.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello, Russell!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

Could you share additional information concerning the issue?

Are you experiencing this issue with this particular ship only or when flying any other (own or faction member's) ship out of Safe Zone?

By any chance, have you experienced the same behavior in Single Player mode or Lobby/Dedicated Server (DS) or any other Keen's official servers?

It would be a great help if you could send us a screen recording/video showcasing issue at your end, the blueprint of your ship, and log files when experiencing this issue.

• You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.
  • You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

We are looking forward to assisting you with this issue.

Kind Regards,

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello and thank you for getting back to me. I'm attaching the blueprint for my flagship, the rover I keep in the vehicle bay, and the miner drone that rides on the forward-facing connector; also the log file from the time of the server crash.

• This crash has only happened while flying the attached ship, of my own design, but I haven't been flying anyone else's ships.
  • I have only experienced the crash event when exiting NPC safezones on Official Keen server NA#11, but I have not played in singleplayer mode recently. I have made entry and exit of other players' safezones, but no crash has occurred.
  • If I cause another crash in this manner, I will attempt to get some footage of it and update this bug, but what you'll see is my grid leaving the safezone, the HUD message indicating I have left the safezone, and then the server connection dropping before I am booted back to the main menu.

I want to note that this issue has only recently arisen; I have been using this approximate configuration for many months without issue. Thanks for looking into it.

photo

Here's another log file. I just did my best to trigger the crash again. I flew into and out of the safezone four times, and it was fine. Then I docked at the SPAT (Specialized Artisans -- Not SPRT) station above Luna, and accepted three acquisitions contracts from the station. While docked, I queued up a few hundred interior plates to attempt to satisfy one of the contracts, but I ran out of raw materials in cargo. The crash happened after I went back to the ship, undocked, and flew out.

This has been a pattern -- when the crashes happen, they've always been after I have accepted or turned in contracts/bought and sold items. I hope this helps. I don't have my screen recorder working properly just yet.

photo

Hello, Russell!

Thank you for providing further information.

We tried replicating this issue but haven't experienced any server/game crashes. Could you kindly confirm if you're still experiencing this issue on the said server? If yes, as requested in our previous response, kindly send us a screen recording/video showcasing issue at your end, along with the latest crash log file.

Kind Regards,

photo

Okay, that figures. I got my screen recorder working, but I haven't been able to trigger another crash by using the NPC safezones. Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I guess we can close this bug for now. If I get a recording and more log data of the same issue happening again, I'll let you know.

photo

It happened, and I was recording. The game seems to hate it the most when I transact for a large amount of items and credits, which is very frustrating for obvious reasons.

I am attaching the recording to this comment; hopefully the upload succeeds. If not, I'll trim it and try again later.

photo

Hello, Russell,

as it's quite some time from your last response, can I please ask if you are still experiencing this issue?

Are you positive about the steps to reproduce? Are they always the same? Using this grid (with the sub-grids), connect to the game economy base (not those by players), use contracts/shop and fly away with the ship? Is the ship using any pistons/hinges when leaving the save zone?

The video would really help.

The logs have hardly any information in it, as it's the server that is crashing. You are just disconnected and taken back to Main menu, right? We would love to see the logs from the server side. That is, however, impossible for you, right?

Did you try the same in any other world/save/game mode as my colleague was asking?

It would help if you could reproduce it even in single player or in Lobby mode.

Any additional information that you can share with us would help.

Kind Regards

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!