Basic refinery dont work after i use basic assembler

Julien BENSLIMAN shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

Hi,

I think that i found a bug :

1) i use basic refinery to produc iron lingots

2) i put manually the lingots in the basic assembler to produce steel plates

3) i want to produce lingot again but now the refinery dont work

i have put 2 winds turbine to power my production block.

Is it normal ?

Best regards.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello, Julien,

thank you for letting us know about this issue that you are experiencing.

However, I'm not able to reproduce this issue.

Are you able to reproduce this issue every time you try? Or did it happen e.g. just once?

Can you please be more specific? It would be best, if you can share a video recording of this issue happening. That way I would know exactly what you are doing and follow your steps exactly.

It would also be helpful, if you can share blueprint of the affected grid and/or save file of your game where this issue is happening.

For saves:

You can access your save files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Saves. There should be a folder with your SteamID and your saves.

Please zip the file and attach it here. If you are having difficulty attaching files you can optionally use Google Drive. When sharing a google drive link please make sure it is set to be downloadable by anyone with the link.

For blueprints:

You can access your blueprints files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers\Blueprints. Select the correct folder where your blueprint is saved (local or cloud), zip the file and attach it here.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hello, Julien!

Thank you for sharing further information.

After investigating the provided world save, we found that there is not enough power source on the grid, the reason why Refinery isn't working. You can notice the 'Red' colored highlight on the non-working refinery, which indicates that there is not enough power available for the refinery to work.

To generate enough power, you can either add batteries to the grid or increase the height of the Wind Turbine. Wind Turbine power output depends on wind clearance, which can get affected by nearby terrain and station obstructions. The wind turbine on your grid is at a low height because of which it isn't getting proper wind clearance, thus generating very low power output. By increasing the Wind Turbine's height, the wind can flow through the turbine properly, resulting in speedy rotation of the turbine, and better power generation.

You can find more info about the Wind Turbine block on this link.

Kindly let us know, after having enough power sources on the grid, does your refinery has started to work or not.

Kind Regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!