This object is in archive! 

failure to join worlds, and new glitched world creation upon failed connections with other players

Andrew Wells shared this bug 13 months ago
Won't Fix

hello, people of Keen. i have an issue i hope you can assist me with. at present, when ever i attempt to join a friends world. during its loading screen where it presents clever phrases, i disconnect from the friends world and am forced into a new world in which the planetary drop ships are repeated. i cannot refresh or even go to the join game tab and look for my friend to join directly. we have tried many different way to get a connection. but we come to the same conclusion, however he is able to join my world no problem. if you have any idea's on how to solve this frustrating ordeal. please, i would greatly appreciate it.

Replies (6)

photo

Hello, Andrew,

thanks you for letting us know about the issue that you are experiencing and we are sorry about that.

Can you please share me more information?

On what game type are you trying to run the game? Is it on Lobby mode, or dedicated server?

This described behavior happens every time? Does it start to happen just recently, or did you observe this issue in the past as well? Are you using any mods on the said game? Did you try to join any other game/server? If yes, are you logged in correctly? If not, can you please try (preferably some unmodded world, e.g. Keen official)?

It would be also good if you can provide a video of this issue happening. That way I could see exactly what is happening and when.

If you are able to provide me both log files as well, that would be great!

You can access your log files by typing %appdata% into your Windows search bar and you will be redirected to the hidden Roaming folder. After that just follow: \Roaming\SpaceEngineers.

Please try to ask the friend as well for the server log, so I can see all the actions on server and on your side (client).

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards

Keen Software House: QA Department

photo

Hopefully this screenshot will give you more details, i should also mention that it creates a new world file for a workshop world i do not have.

photo

Hello, Andrew,

can you please follow my comment and give me answers to my questions? Also I need those two log files (yours/client one and your friend's/server one).

Without these I can not tell what is going on on your side or on server side.

Please share me the files and reply to my questions.

Kind Regards

photo

Sorry for the delay, i'm currently in the hospital and it took a bit to get my computer. here are four files from the dated incident. however my friend does not have the files on hand. he is back to using his college computer.thank you and sorry again it took so long to reply.

photo

Hello, Andrew!

Thank you for providing further information.

After investigating the logs, we found quite a few MODs are active in your friend's world, and you may be experiencing issues joining your friend due to broken/obsolete MODs active in his world.

Could you ask your friend to set up a new vanilla (no active MOD) world and check if you can join his vanilla world?

Please also try to join other servers (preferably Keen's official servers) and check if you experience the same issue there as well.

If the issue persists, kindly send us the new log files (your/client's and your friend's/server one) when failing to join your friend's vanilla world and the log when joining Keen's official server.

Kind regards,

photo

Hello, Engineer!

Because there is no new comment from you, and we are unable to reproduce the issue on our own, I will close this thread now as outdated.

If you or any other player will experience this issue again, please make a new thread and provide all needed info there.

Thank you for understanding.

Kind Regards

Replies have been locked on this page!